View Full Version : T68i users... does this happen to you?

TheNewSteve
05-23-2003, 09:06 AM
So I have had my t68i since new years or so... I like it... good durability and everything... i think Sprint may be the only company whose products could make a Sony product seem less proprietary (I don't need special software or service just to put an image of my own into the screen...)

anyway, I like it, but there is one HUGE annoyance:

it is a world phone, so it wants the area code before the number, but about half the time it wants a "1" preceding the area code, about half the time it does not want the "1" and many of those times when i find the combination of "1" or "no 1" it's looking for to connect, it instantly gives up and back to home screen (when it does this, the number that has produced the result is usually the number that will connect as soon as you redial it).

I am getting very tired of not being able to just dial my contacts in 2 or less tries...

this happens to everyone else, right? i would guess with the t300s as well, being world phones.

I have T-Mobile service.

i guess they don't tell you about it because 12 click dialing doesn't sound to attractive in a tv commercial.

-Steve :?:

WyattEarp
05-23-2003, 10:51 AM
Never had that problem but cell phones do need the 1 in front of the number as far as I know. It may also be a firmware issue, and you can call the Sony Ericsson serivce center to get it upraded.

Abba Zabba
05-23-2003, 11:47 AM
No that has never happened to me either. But what does happen time to time is that I get a recording saying that I couldn't dial that number as if o say the number was invalid. As to the question of dialing the number 1 you don't need to with a cellular phone since it is known that all phone area codes have 1 in front.

jutae
05-23-2003, 01:29 PM
I don't think this is a T68i issue but rather certain T-Mobile regional issues. Yes I have this same problem with my T68i but my wife has a Motorolla _332 and T Mobile and she has the same problem. My Sidekick is the same way.

Jutae

TheNewSteve
05-23-2003, 04:45 PM
i actually am sort of missing being under Sprint's Iron Umbrella... great reception and simpler use.... just bad billing and only enough development to lurch interest in the new phones to get a few more people to sign up.

I might call T-Mobile today and see what can be done, it's very annoying.

-Steve

umichboy
05-23-2003, 11:46 PM
Sprint and good reception are things I never expected to be related to each other. Have times changed? Last time I considered Sprint was a long time ago when I was using GTE cellular service. (GTE is part of Verizon Wireless now)

PetiteFlower
05-23-2003, 11:48 PM
Things are always changing in the cellular world, new towers are going up all the time!

I get great reception with my Sprint, there are a couple of dead spots that I hit on the road every now and then but for the most part, it works. But of course it depends on where you are too.