View Full Version : Krussel by Whitney on it's way!

nosmohtac
05-23-2003, 06:05 AM
I am like a kid in a candy store.
I am so excited. I just got my 256MB SD card in the mail today, and am waiting for my Krussel by Whitney CF Leather case to arrive.

Anybody here that has this case, what are your thoughts?

I mainly went for this because I had a jornada 568 and upgraded to a 3970 iPAQ w/ a memplug Dual CF sleeve and a Galanteya case, and I can't believe how much thicker this is than my jornada.

bljarv
05-23-2003, 06:42 AM
I have one of Whitney's cases and I can't say enough good things about it. The craftsmanship is amazing and I love the added functionality that it provides for my iPAQ 3955. I am able to use my SD card in my device and use the CF expansion for my wireless or more memory. I have been very pleased and think that the case is worth every penny I paid for it.

I had some trouble with the case at one point and he replaced it without any questions at all. Very good customer service.

nosmohtac
05-23-2003, 06:43 AM
Thanks for the feedback. :D

bljarv
05-23-2003, 06:51 AM
Thanks for the feedback. :D

You're welcome. I'm confident that you'll be pleased when you get the case. How long ago did you order it?

nosmohtac
05-23-2003, 06:58 AM
I ordered it on tuesday.

I don't know if I would want to make it any thicker, but I read in the forums that someone took their's apart and put a cf plus sleeve in so they could use the extra external battery for wireless.

that_kid
05-23-2003, 01:07 PM
I added the plus sleeve to my whitney case, the case itself is still thin except that now a 5450 batery resides below the cf slot. It's not that bad at all but I can't hot swap the battery. Aside from that many people love the case, and I really enjoy carying that case instead of the regular cf sleeve.

bljarv
05-23-2003, 08:27 PM
I added the plus sleeve to my whitney case, the case itself is still thin except that now a 5450 batery resides below the cf slot. It's not that bad at all but I can't hot swap the battery. Aside from that many people love the case, and I really enjoy carying that case instead of the regular cf sleeve.
Could you share a picture???

rsmithline
05-24-2003, 07:22 PM
Wow...I have been trying like crazy to find a case that fits my 5400 with the CF Plus sleeve (still no Vaja version that does). How hard is this case to modify?

R

PS - I am amazed by the number of case manufacturers that only make cases for naked Ipaqs.

nosmohtac
05-25-2003, 07:30 AM
If you are looking for a good case to hold your 5400 w/cf plus sleeve,
check out Galanteya.
I believe they make one for the 5000 series ipaq. It would probably be an H3 model.

I wouldn't say that they compare to vaja, but I paid $25 with shipping for mine.

that_kid
05-25-2003, 01:05 PM
Wow...I have been trying like crazy to find a case that fits my 5400 with the CF Plus sleeve (still no Vaja version that does). How hard is this case to modify?

R

It's too hard to mod the case, it just takes some patience. A little trimming, some soldereing, slight triming and hot glue and that's it. I'll have to take some more pics of the case and post them.