View Full Version : ActiveSync INSISTS on connecting to the net

oymd
05-22-2003, 08:16 PM
Aloha to all....!!!!!!!

Like the title says....whenever i put my Axim in the cradle..and activesync starts up...it insists that my desktop connects to the net...if i CLOSE the dialup connection...activesync refuses to work???

Other thing is....how can i browse the internet on my axim...( assuming its in the cradle...and my desktop is logged on the internet?)..

And is it logical to buy a dialup modem??

last question:...hhow can i manage my memory...i mean..i copied a LOT of stuff on my axim...and i guess it all went into my documents..and when i tried to play a video,..it said.."out of memory"....so i guess my ROM is full...how can i move all to RAM...

Thanks to all!!!

Abba Zabba
05-23-2003, 06:02 AM
1. Instead of choosing the option that allows you to automatically sync your device choose manual in the active sync options.

2. To browse the internet on the axim you an just go back to the same options menu and ccheck the box that allows you to have internet acess while connected

3. Yes you can get a 56k cf modem for any device.

4. You probably if you haven't already bought one, might want to buy a cf card or sd card . Cf range from 32 mb to 2 GB and sd goes from 32mb to 1 GB. When you browse through you device through active sync, go to the folder that says storage and put all you files that you want there.

Hope that'll clear up everything that you needed to know :D

oymd
05-24-2003, 10:17 PM
2. To browse the internet on the axim you an just go back to the same options menu and ccheck the box that allows you to have internet acess while connected ???

Sorry..i did not get what you mean??

what are the setting i should do??

Andy Whiteford
05-26-2003, 10:52 AM
Under the ActiveSync options on the Desktop, there is an option for Internet pass through. Ensure this is enabled to allow you to connect to the Internet with your Pocket PC when it is docked.