View Full Version : WithMp3 and Static...

JoeMoon
05-21-2003, 02:18 PM
Does anyone else experience any kinda of static when using WithMp3 player or any kinda of other player?

I have found that after playing several songs in a playlist, static will begin to come through the player... I usually pause the song and restart the song and the static will go away for awhile.

I am trying to determine if it is a hardware issue (Dell Axim) or a software issue (WithMp3 Player). Any insight would be good...

Joe...

kidA
05-21-2003, 05:54 PM
i don't use withmp3, but i've never experienced static. (i use windows media player cuz my digital music was already mostly in .wma format and i didn't want to pay $20 for pocketmusic).
a good way to find out if it's a hardware or software issue would be to intall another player (like winampaq or pocketmusic) and then play some of your playlists in the other players to see if you have the same problems with another player. if you have the same issues, then it's probably a hardware issue, but if you don't have any of the same issues, then it's probably a software issue with withmp3.

Pat Logsdon
05-21-2003, 08:31 PM
I have actually had this problem, but in my case, the issue turned out to be static electricity. Every time I've encountered it, I've been wearing a fuzzy sweater, and the cord from my earbuds is touching the sweater. Removing the sweater and touching something metal eliminated the problem.

If you still have the problem after touching something metal, try touching the screen - that's worked for me, too.

I am NOT kidding! :mrgreen:

If you're not wearing anything fuzzy, and other players exhibit the same behaviour, it'd be a hardware problem.

stupid fuzzy sweater

beckp
05-23-2003, 02:26 PM
I have Tosh e740 and use withMP3 with no such static.

JoeMoon
06-02-2003, 03:14 PM
Okay - try this...

With your PPC playing an mp3 file, turn the device off. Then turn it on.

Do you have static? I have to stop and start the playback after turning it back on to get rid of the static and popping sounds.

What do you think causes that?

Joe...

ghostppc
06-02-2003, 05:15 PM
I have actually had this problem, but in my case, the issue turned out to be static electricity. Every time I've encountered it, I've been wearing a fuzzy sweater, and the cord from my earbuds is touching the sweater. Removing the sweater and touching something metal eliminated the problem.

If you still have the problem after touching something metal, try touching the screen - that's worked for me, too.

I am NOT kidding! :mrgreen:

If you're not wearing anything fuzzy, and other players exhibit the same behaviour, it'd be a hardware problem.

stupid fuzzy sweater

"Stupid fuzzy sweater"......I love it :lol: And if that doesn't work, try hooking up your fingers to your car battery. :D :onfire: (just kidding. i hope there aren't any kids in the forums. if so, don't try this at home kiddies!)