View Full Version : C'mon Avantgo!!! Don't let me down AGAIN!!!

karinatwork
05-21-2003, 12:45 AM
I am so upset! It's been almost a week since I was able to download my channels for the last time. I realized that for the last few days, my downloads didn't get updated, so I cleared the channel cache and all those other things you're supposed to do. I never got any error message. I just don't get any content. I get a "connection successful" message while synching, that doesn't go away for a while, and then I see the "synchronized" caption. That's it. On my pocket pc I see the following message: Please synchronize your pocket pc again. If this is unsuccessful, bla bla bla...

I did all that. I checked out everything. I even tried to sign up for another account, but it still won't work. :cry:

:evil: ARGGHHHH!!!! I can't believe this. What is going on? Any ideas are appreciated.

Karin

Unreal32
05-21-2003, 01:33 AM
Had the same problem. I had good luck uninstalling the AvantGo software from my PPC, then clearing its registry entry out of memory... and then reinstalling (altho AvantGo makes it damn hard to find the freakin download). I'd try that.

lipinski77
05-21-2003, 01:53 AM
I always check the option to create a secure link to avantgo. Till I tried that I never receive any content just a successful message.

I have since switched to wifi avantgo syncing (free with most recent software). It takes no time at all to get all my channel content. One less think to wait for during an active sync.

davidspalding
05-21-2003, 02:11 AM
Tried that ... "resync all content at next connection" ...? Might help, or just waste your time.

Tried that ... "test connection now" ... thingie? Might help, or just waste your time.

Have tried secure and non-secure, both work for me,... but took weeks last year to figure out why in #*@) I had two avantgo server connections in my server settings ... seems that having it sync on my work pc and home pc created duplicate server caches to sync. Same account. Two sets of server settings. (Clue: you could have two accounts and get separate channels on each. Doubling the amount you get for free. haven't they thought of this in their software design? Guess not. Heh.) Eliminating one ... which took two days ... shortened sync times wonderfully.

I think some ex-Microsofties work at Avantgo. >:|

karinatwork
05-21-2003, 05:19 AM
Thanks for the hint to uninstall. :D
Ok, the very moment I uninstalled the program, it suddenly started to work... Anyway, it only worked once because I had uninstalled. After uninstalling, I soft reset, I reinstalled it, I got an error message, telling me to uninstall again, soft reset again, and then reinstall, did that, got that same error message, then threw my pocket pc against the wall...

No, I didn't. I just ignored the error message, synched again and now it works. Added benefit, suddenly my USB bluetooth dongle works again without having to be disconnected and reconnected at startup.

I DON'T GET IT! But I am smart enough not to question anything anymore. I'm happy, it works. Whatever. :roll:

K.

jimski
05-21-2003, 06:46 AM
I had this problem once and it turned out that the AvantGo user name and password were incorrent (set to default) on my PPC. When syncing, it never gave me an indication that this information was incorrect/incomplete.

Once I plugged in my user name and password, ActiveSync started syncing the channels again.

davidspalding
05-25-2003, 12:05 AM
BTW, while doublechecking my promotional e-mail settings on Avantgo, I noted they have some "advanced controls" for clearing cookies, forms, etc., which could be useful in troubleshooting some problems connecting and syncing.

Of course, checking the server properties on the PPC is important ... if it's suddenly been garbled, avantgo won't authenticate, and ... no channel data. ,:)