View Full Version : My Media Player is naked...

nickl
05-20-2003, 06:24 PM
I'm looking for new skins for my Windows Media Player (8.5) and can't seem to find them on Microsoft's site, nor any third party sites. Anybody got some links fer me?

Thanks in advance.

rhmorrison
05-20-2003, 07:44 PM
...can't seem to find them on Microsoft's site, nor any third party sites...
:iamwithstupid: Doesn't ANYONE know how to use GOOGLE :?:

Go to GOOGLE (http://www.google.com) and enter the following keywords (shown in quotes) "PocketPC Windows Media Player skins". The first HIT that you see will take you to the Microsoft site but there are many others. You must have spent all of 0.1 msecs searching :devilboy:

:google:

Steven Cedrone
05-20-2003, 10:44 PM
:iamwithstupid: Doesn't ANYONE know how to use GOOGLE :?:

Was that really necessary???

Steve

rhmorrison
05-20-2003, 11:26 PM
Was that really necessary???
NOTHING is necessary but I get tired of people that don't bother to do anything on their own. It's easier to ask then have to type in a few keywords into a search engine. It's like the laptop user that called the COMPAQ technical support hotline and wanted to know how to insert the battery and when the customer support technician told her/him to open their User Manual to page 1 they would see... then the customer blew up and said I didn't pay $$$$ to read a F***ing User Manual - TELL ME WHAT I HAVE TO DO...

Having said that - FEEL FREE to delete my answer if you find it inappropriate (or tell me to do it and I will)
:byebye:

davidspalding
05-21-2003, 02:27 AM
Jeez louise, everyone knows that Juni and a few others have great skins. Search this site, and no one's ever discussed them, search brighthand.com. "pocketpc media player skin" => Google.

If people are really so friggin lazy, I can attach some skins to this thread. <- [bait]

nickl
05-21-2003, 02:32 AM
Doesn't ANYONE know how to use GOOGLE

I get tired of people that don't bother to do anything on their own

Thanks, smart guy. By the way, I DID search google and all I came up was bullsh*t. I figured the nice, kind and patient people here would have some good links. Sorry if you're so TIRED of responding to people like me ... but here's an idea ... DON'T respond to people like me. You just spent 10 tired minutes replying.

ANYWHO ... If anybody else has some good, solid recommendations, even after searching google, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

*Post edited by moderator 5/21/03 06:59 EDT.

PetiteFlower
05-21-2003, 07:02 AM
I smell HOFS....

sasquatchw/ppc
05-21-2003, 09:58 AM
I have occasionally felt like saying what morrison said, but I refrain because I figure that people that have the "with it all" to be part of a forum should know how to google.
anyhoo back to the topic. The only place I know of is this link
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/software/palmsize/custom.aspx
if any one else can dig up something else post it.

TopDog
05-21-2003, 10:17 AM
There is no point in being rude to one another... that way this forum will turn out just like Brighthand and others where the "I know it all"-people look down at the newbies...

About the skins... use PocketMusic instead... better and much cooler skins ;-)

Steven Cedrone
05-21-2003, 11:58 AM
Please keep it civil, folks...

Thread has been "cleaned up"...

Steven Cedrone
Community Moderator

nickl
05-21-2003, 01:13 PM
Thanks for everyone's replies.

And I apologize if I didn't play nice.

I was simply insulted by the assumption that I didn't know Google, that I didn't have the savvy to search it, and the premise that you can't go to a message board unless you know everything about everything. I own several web sites with message boards, and my biggest pet peeve as an administrator is people who don't have the patience to answer others' questions.

Thanks again. Sorry to make waves ... love the site!