View Full Version : XDA - Receiving SMS when battery is off?

sobk
05-20-2003, 08:30 AM
Does anyone know if the XDA switches the PDA on when it receives an SMS message, or do you not get notified that you've received an SMS until you switch the PDA on?

Thanks!

Fil
05-20-2003, 10:06 AM
The XDA does indeed switch the PDA on when it recieves an SMS.

I leave my XDA in its charger overnight, and around 6am every morning I receive an SMS from my bank, when I get downstairs I find my XDA is on and awake, awaiting my pin code!

Hope this helps.

sobk
05-20-2003, 11:41 AM

Just need to wait to hear back from spb on whether Pocket Plus' repeating alerts will work with SMS notifications!

smittyofdhs
05-21-2003, 06:41 PM

Just need to wait to hear back from spb on whether Pocket Plus' repeating alerts will work with SMS notifications!
quit waiting.... it does not. PocketPlus only works on calendar reminders, task reminders, and clock alarms. Currently, no other notification can be enhanced by pocket plus.

sobk
05-21-2003, 11:51 PM

I had a feeling that it didn't do it for SMS notifications, I guess the only option is to write a program to do it myself 8O 8O

smittyofdhs
05-21-2003, 11:56 PM

I had a feeling that it didn't do it for SMS notifications, I guess the only option is to write a program to do it myself 8O 8O

you might as well add in the ability to repeat alarms for email, IM, Voice Mail, and Missed Calls also. :)