View Full Version : FlexWallet for $10

jensenjb
05-18-2003, 08:49 PM
I've installed the trial versions of CodeWallet Pro, eWallet, and FlexWallet, and making mental notes of pro's and con's for each one. As I was nearing the end of my free trials, I noticed Two Peaks dropped the price of FlexWallet from 19.95 to 9.95, which includes the desktop version for free.

I'd like to think I wasn't entirely motivated by money but the deal was to hard to pass up. :wink:

Does anyone like their CodeWallet Pro or eWallet enough to pay the extra $?

Brad

Jacob
05-18-2003, 09:28 PM
I did for sure. I bought eWallet for the following reasons:

1. I found FlexWallet's UI to be somewhat annoying - it's hard to put into words, just didn't find it easy to use.

2. I emailed FlexWallet support with questions about their software at least a month ago - to this day I have not received a response to my email. With eWallet, I got a reply the next business day and with my replies to their email I got replies usually within the hour. Needless to say.. MUCH better service.

I also wanted to get ListPro - and they have a bundle that saves you money when you buy both.

The one feature important to me that Flexwallet has that eWallet does not is the ability to create new card templates. Ilium software support told me that their next release will support this though. They also told me that it would be a free upgrade - since it's due within their 6 month free upgrade policy.

Personally, I think you should test each and make your decision based on whether it suits your needs. Paying some extra money is usually worth it if the software suits your needs better.

Crystal Eitle
05-18-2003, 09:39 PM
1. I found FlexWallet's UI to be somewhat annoying - it's hard to put into words, just didn't find it easy to use.

Glad I'm not the only one. I bought it a couple months ago when it was on sale for $4.95, but haven't used it at all. Just don't find it easy to use.

dcharles18
05-20-2003, 01:57 PM
I'm a much bigger fan of eWallet. Came free with my last iPAQ, so the price couldn't be beat either.

Kati Compton
05-20-2003, 04:36 PM
I like CodeWallet a little better, but the free Desktop part of FlexWallet made me switch. I like having the desktop interface.

ux4484
05-20-2003, 05:29 PM
but the free Desktop part of FlexWallet made me switch. I like having the desktop interface.

I agree, that's what sold me......I store the data file in "my documents" folder on my SD card, that gives me a synced copy on my PDA and desktop.

dcharles18
05-20-2003, 05:34 PM
but the free Desktop part of FlexWallet made me switch. I like having the desktop interface.

I agree, that's what sold me......I store the data file in "my documents" folder on my SD card, that gives me a synced copy on my PDA and desktop.

I do the same with eWallet. ;)

Jacob
05-20-2003, 06:33 PM

I do the same with eWallet. ;)

In all fairness, FlexWallet, eWallet and CodeWallet ALL have the option of using a desktop app that you can sync with.

With me it was between CodeWallet and eWallet. Iliumsoft's support and DeveloperOne's lack thereof was a big factor in my purchase of eWallet.

Kati Compton
05-20-2003, 07:02 PM
Right - but it was SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper to get both PPC and desktop with FlexWallet. There's a tradeoff between price/performance. I found the price difference significant, but the performance difference minor (from my point of view, anyway).

jensenjb
05-20-2003, 07:12 PM
When I had all three versions installed at once, I found that I liked which ever one I was using the most at the time. I do like the desktop version of flexwallet -- fast entry of initial cards/categories and $10 for both was too good to pass up.

I've not seen many favorable reviews of flexwallet when compared to codewallet and ewallet but I have not personally seen a lot of difference between them.

What are the features that you like that are not available in flexwallet or is it just an ease of use / interface experience?

SofaTater
05-20-2003, 07:24 PM
I've never used anything but FlexWallet -- works fine for me.

The free desktop piece is a big bonus -- that way, my wife can access all the account numbers and passwords we store in FlexWallet from our home PC and I can access them from my PPC...

trachy
05-20-2003, 07:28 PM
I haven't used FlexWallet or CodeWallet, but I still vouch for eWallet. I've been using it for a few months now, and have never had a problem with it. It synchs well and has a pretty nice interface. One odd quirk I've found though, is that the PC version draws slowly when expanding the different trees. On my iPaq they pop open instantaneously.

Jacob
05-20-2003, 07:49 PM
What are the features that you like that are not available in flexwallet or is it just an ease of use / interface experience?

Actually there was one thing in FlexWallet that I liked over both CodeWallet and eWallet - the ease of creating your own templates.

CodeWallet's method was annoying by having to modify a text file in a specific format.

eWallet doesn't have this feature yet.

My decision was based on just look and feel and service. That's enough for me to pay more for one product and not want to pay for another. I'd rather pay $20 more for a product that I will use than even a free product that I won't end up using because it's annoying to use.

Flexwallet is an app that I'd have to see a real significant improvement in that respect for me to even install it for $5.

CodeWallet had an annoying habit of cutting off text in the PPC version. So if you created a custom card that had a field description of too much length then it wouldn't word wrap like long descriptions do in eWallet. It just cuts the text off. CodeWallet was a good app - it was primarily reasons outside the app itself why I didn't go with it.