View Full Version : DeLorme-EarthMate GPS/Street Atlas/Topo etc/Toshiba e740

DanMichSr
05-18-2003, 02:10 PM
I have all of the DeLorme Software and a Toshiba e740 with the Expansion Pack USB.... EarthMate GPS is USB and so is the Toshiba w/Expansion Pack.... Software downloaded to PDA and run only list COM3. Anyone out there have any ideas as TOSHIBA/DELORME haven't answered me... Thanks :(

dhettel
05-18-2003, 03:13 PM
I have all of the DeLorme Software and a Toshiba e740 with the Expansion Pack USB.... EarthMate GPS is USB and so is the Toshiba w/Expansion Pack.... Software downloaded to PDA and run only list COM3. Anyone out there have any ideas as TOSHIBA/DELORME haven't answered me... Thanks :(

You need a USB Driver, a USB to serial port driver. I don't have USB on my PPC. But as I recall there was one available, look at the site that has all the other drivers listed, perhaps?

David

DanMichSr
05-18-2003, 03:31 PM
Isn't that weird though that I'd need anything since the software on my Desktop is DeLorme and the software downloaded to my PDA is DeLorme and the EarthMate GPS is DeLorme and USB yet the only connection is COM3 then I have my Toshiba e740 with the Expansion Pack that is USB. I would think I'd need a USB driver connection on my PDA.... Or well I think I have tried that on my Laptop and it works fine as the software I think is intended for the laptop and doesn't download to the PDA. I am very confused.. 8O

dhettel
05-18-2003, 03:48 PM
Which Delorme GPS do you have? I have had both of the older ones, and they are serial, I also know that they had an adapter that would turn their serial version into usb. That was for laptops, and notebooks that don't have serial ports anymore. Is it the matchbook size one?

You'll need to find a PocketPC USB Serial Driver, I know such a driver exist, it was talked about last year. I don't have a link to it however. If you are a member of the netstumbler forum you might search their board, that is where I remember hearing about it first.

As far as I know Delorme only supports serial devices on the PPC, there just isn't enough PPCs with a host USB device yet.

David

DanMichSr
05-18-2003, 06:34 PM
Hi David........The GPS is by DeLorme and it is a USB it's called a Earthmate GPS it came with a cable and one end plugs into the GPS and the other is a USB connection

dhettel
05-18-2003, 07:41 PM
The new little one, I'm sure your going to hear that you need to get the serial cable, and the serial cable for your Pocket PC and an adapter or two. Or the bluetooth adapter on their site, that should be out next month or so.

David