View Full Version : New Prices on Axim -- AND a Promo!

AMR
05-16-2003, 11:50 PM
Could this be a sign of what I've been waiting to happen -- an upcoming release of PPC 2003???? I can only hope that:

Re. the Axim X5 Advanced...
1) the price drop from $349 to $325 is a step to clear inventory.
2) the current promotion from $325 to $293 means they really want to clear them out sooner rather than later.

Here's hoping that June 2 brings the news I want to hear!

-AMR
:D

From Dell site:
Just when you thought we couldn't go lower… we've slashed prices on Dell AximTM X5 Handhelds!

Combined with the current 10% off limited time promotion these price drops could get you an Axim for as low as $179!

See your savings below:

Old price New Price Price with 10% off promo
Axim X5 Basic $249 $199 $179
Axim X5 Advanced $349 $325 $293

The 10% price reduction will automatically be calculated when you add the applicable item to your shopping cart.

TorchRedStang
05-17-2003, 12:10 AM
DOH!!!

does anyone know what the return/exchange policy is on Axims?

I JUST got mine.. I am at least gonna call and make them refund me the $21 price difference

PetiteFlower
05-17-2003, 03:43 AM
They probably will...but you should have listened when I said wait a week or so!

TorchRedStang
05-17-2003, 10:15 PM
I just talked to someone at Dell and they said they will refund me the price difference.. I am gonna wait a few weeks though and see if they come out with a new model.. The guy I talked to wouldn't say anything about a new model, but, when I told him I might return my Axim and get another Clie he said I should give it another couple weeks and make my decision then.. I asked if that meant they were gonna come out with something else and he said, "just wait a few weeks before you decide to return your Axim and buy something else."

Kinda makes you think

jpielaet
05-18-2003, 02:49 AM
Those of you who are waiting for the latest and greatest new products and pricing to come out can rest assured that whatever it is will be here in about two weeks? Why? Because I just ordered a Dell Axim PPC 400MHz unit.

The line I choose at the grocery store always becomes the slowest one. The stocks I buy always tank (unless I short them). My cars break down when the warranty runs out......

Actually the axim fits my budget better than anything out there, or that is likely to be out there soon. Can't wait to get started!!

I currently use a Texas Instruments PS-6560i (electronic rolodex) and a "Day-Timer", you know, the paper kind! :D

delfuhd
05-18-2003, 03:42 AM
paper? what's that? French or something? je ne parle pas francais...
:D