View Full Version : Pocket Sys Watch locks my 5450

jimski
05-16-2003, 06:14 AM
I have been using Pocket Sys Watch, a small battery/memory manager supplied by Birdsoft for many months. Every since I got my iPAQ 5450 back in December I have experienced occasional lockups :evil: of the device, requiring a soft reset. This usually happened after the device had been off for several hours. I typically performed 2-4 resets per day.

The problem seemed to have gotten worse recently, and I determined that it must have had something to do with the Today screen. I started removing one plugin at a time, hoping to identify the culprit. As Pocket Sys Watch resided at the bottom of the screen I didn't think much of it. I finally decided to disable the program for a day, just to see what would happen.

Well, that was last Friday and I am happy :D to report that I have not had to perform a single soft reset in almost a week. I also discovered that I had purchased iPAQ Panel as part of a Today Plugin Suite from Rhino Software several months ago, but never used this particular piece (Rhino Launch works great!).

Now I have a new battery/memory manager on my Today screen and a PPC that does not suffer from chronic soft resetitis.

If anyone is using this plugin and has experienced occasional lockups, you may want to consider removing this software. I also used it on my 3870 and remember experiencing occasional lockups, but just assumed :roll: this was part of owning a PPC (my first). My humblest apologies :oops: to those Microsoft developers that may have been at the receiving end of more than one of my rants.