View Full Version : Outlook or Outlook Express question

looneytoone
05-15-2003, 04:43 AM
Ok, PPC Thoughts goes legendary with me if you can help me with this one.

I work in a an office where technology is tolerated and not embraced. I am working on the PPC angle but have a more immediate need. Is there a template or something that I can download that would bring up a phone message template in Outlook or Outlook Express. For example, instead of using paper messages and running down office mates, i want to simply open outlook, fill out a template with name, date, caller, time, and hit send. I think this would make life simpler, which is the goal.

Help please.

Jason Dunn
05-15-2003, 05:12 AM
Yeah, I think so. It's a little tricky, and not my area of expertise, but you should try TOOLS > FORMS > DESIGN A FORM, then design the type of form that you want. This only works in Outlook, not Outlook Express. Try Google if you need a more step by step tutorial, but this is a pretty powerful tool I think....I just don't use it very much. :-)

davidspalding
05-15-2003, 10:16 AM
I tried my hand at creating some outlook forms a few years ago ... it can be very cool. Basically, the Outlook .PST is a database and you can create a form to save all sorts of fields to that database.

Actually, I think I was creating custom forms for an Exchange Server public folder ... got a bit more complicated ("publishing" the form required specific permissions), but was a fun learning hobby.