View Full Version : Ideas for an old PalmPC

platinum
05-14-2003, 09:38 PM
Okay,

What do people do with these old PalmPC/PPC's which build up as you upgrade, etc :D

I've got a greyscale cassiopeia e10 which is just sitting here... what am I supposed to do with it! Hardly worth selling :? but anything would be good, I thought about fitting it into the front of my computer's case and having like a cool information display sort of thing. An equalizer for winamp would be pretty good actually!

Ideas/experiences anyone?

Noel
05-14-2003, 09:43 PM
Don't know if it works with cassiopeia...

http://www.foozone.org/robot/kibbles.html
or this...
http://www.the-gadgeteer.com/pprk-review.html

Noel

Jeff Rutledge
05-14-2003, 09:49 PM
Okay,

What do people do with these old PalmPC/PPC's which build up as you upgrade, etc :D

I've got a greyscale cassiopeia e10 which is just sitting here... what am I supposed to do with it! Hardly worth selling :? but anything would be good, I thought about fitting it into the front of my computer's case and having like a cool information display sort of thing. An equalizer for winamp would be pretty good actually!

Ideas/experiences anyone?

Well, with my old Palm, there's this table in my house that used to be a little wobbly...
:twisted:

platinum
05-14-2003, 09:55 PM
hehe JR - I had similar thoughts :lol:

JvanEkris
05-14-2003, 09:57 PM
I have some credible reports that they function very well as doorstops.

Jaap

Jacob
05-14-2003, 10:14 PM
Spare hockey puck...

ntractv
05-14-2003, 10:18 PM
I usually hand them down to family or friends once I'm done with them.

jrynkie
05-14-2003, 11:17 PM
i have been thinking about that same thing with my old casio e11. One idea i thought of was to give it to my cousin. Its old enough not to really matter whether he breaks it or not, and since he's younger- about 12- he probably could just use it for games.

jrynkie
05-14-2003, 11:21 PM
oh- just thought of another one. maybe you could have it on your refrigerater with velcro and use it as a message board or grocery list, or calender. the velcro would be so you can take the grocery list with you to the store or something.

sasquatchw/ppc
05-15-2003, 12:10 AM
I might be willing to take it off your hands for cheap.
I have a little brother who is a computer nut. He has already built himself a pretty nice rig but he has no handheld. He's kinda stingy w/ his $$$ so something like this would be perfect for him if you'd want to sell it.

jgahr
05-15-2003, 12:46 AM
Donate them to schools, activity groups, youth groups, Salvation Army, Big Brothers/Big sisters, and on and on. :angel: Or keep them and covet every one :mrgreen:

Kiyoshi
05-15-2003, 01:19 PM
My Handspring Visor is broken and sits all lonely in my desk. I'll probably throw it out when my e740 arrives (It's been like 2 weeks!!! I'm going cwayzee!). I was thinking of replacing the screen and doing something with it/giving it to someone but it wouldn't be worth the $$$$