View Full Version : Activesyn and Mobile Favorites

pcause
05-14-2003, 01:12 PM
I just can't get AS to sync the mobile favorites. I've tried everything I can think of. I'm on WinXP and AS 3.7. I seem to get better success in syncing if PIE and IE are both not running when I sync, but then I'll sync and things will be gone again. This can't be that HARD!!

Jason Dunn
05-14-2003, 04:08 PM
This is a completely broken feature on the Pocket PC, and it's been that way for more than two years - Microsoft has thus far been uninterested in fixing it because of the move towards wireless devices (though I've argued hard against this mentality). There's nothing I can tell you other than to expect the worst when using this - I've never, in almost three years of trying, been able to figure out definitively why Mobile Favorites break.

Probably not what you wanted to hear. :wink:

pcause
05-15-2003, 09:40 PM
Thanks for the feedback, and it is exactly what I want to hear. By that I mean I wanted to ehar what is really going on, and that what I thought was completely broken is completely broken. Shame on you MS for not fixing this. And why wouldn't this still be broken when we're wireless?

Jason Dunn
05-15-2003, 09:59 PM
And why wouldn't this still be broken when we're wireless?

Because when you click on the link, it goes out and gets the real Web site. :-)

davidspalding
05-17-2003, 08:18 AM
It has worked for me fine with AS 3.5, 3.6, 3.7 and IE 5.5 and 6.0. I presume that with XP you're using IE 6.0 or later....?

I'm just curious do you get any errors or status other than "Synchronized" in AS for Favorites? How about in WCESMGR.LOG, any errors on Favorites?

Myself, I have noticed that IE sometimes just can't sync a favorite on schedule. It hangs, or fails, or #*@(s the bed. Happened particularly at work, or some reason, so I stopped syncing the pages for offline use -- just did it at home.

I suspect that IE is a culprit as well as ActiveStink.