View Full Version : just a strange observation

sasquatchw/ppc
05-14-2003, 10:18 AM
I don't know about any of you out there but I started out on pdabuzz, but then I heard a lot of people complaining about how brighthand was stealing everyone, so I went over there and took a look and joined them then brighthand made a to do about themselves being more poplular than other sites like PPCthoughts so I visited them and joined them. Its kind of strange though that I have been led to all these other "competeing" sites by the site that it was competing with. ( I hope you get the gist of that, I am starting to garble my pronouns etc, its getting late forgive me.) This all seems ironic to me.
By the way I keep just as active in all the forums that i joined.

Its the people that make the forum not the site itself.

PS. This is my first post here i am in :jawdrop: of all the different emoticons

maximus
05-14-2003, 11:06 AM
This should be moved to the off-topic forum. I think.

andrewlwood
05-14-2003, 01:03 PM
It's well documented - competitor bashing inevitably increases awareness of your competitors - that simple. You have to be REALLY sure that there's no comparison, or you are always going to lose a few people to your competition. In my trade (market research) we see it a lot - if you say Jim is better than Bob, you'd better be able to prove it, or you're just saying the equivalent of 'I'm Jim, and my main competitor is Bob - have you heard of him?'

Personally, I'm with Brighthand and PPCT, and I like them both - for different reasons. They have very different feels to them (PPCT is a friendly atmosphere, BH is a more corporate one. Not just because of the emoticons either :D :) :( 8O :twisted: :?: :devilboy: 0X :roll: :evil: :| :mrgreen:

Jason Dunn
05-14-2003, 03:40 PM
Welcome to our little piece of the Web! :D As for that Brighthand article, well...my response is forthcoming. :wink:

sasquatchw/ppc
05-14-2003, 07:58 PM
sorry about not posting in the right place. Brighthand and pdabuzz are a little more lax about that.

Jason Dunn
05-14-2003, 11:43 PM
sorry about not posting in the right place. Brighthand and pdabuzz are a little more lax about that.

No big deal. :) I didn't move it, since it would have fit equally well in either topic. Lotsa' Type A people here (myself included). :lol: