View Full Version : ppt viewer

marconi8
05-14-2003, 08:46 AM
i dont have installed microsoft power point, but i want to view power point presentations, at this moment i have installed clear vue, this soft can previev my .ppt files

but clear vue is not free and after 14 days trial ends, can any you tell me al ink where can i download free ppt viewer for my pocket ipaq pc

thanks

hgwte
05-14-2003, 02:30 PM
There's one good ppt viewer but it is not FREE. Pocket SlideShow 1.2 by CNetX will serve your purpose but the price is $19.95. I don't know if there are any FREE ppt viewer out ...

Kevin Remhof
05-14-2003, 02:52 PM
Well, I found one Freeware app that might do the trick:

http://www.ppc4all.com/appdetail.php?id=1226

But, there are a fair amount of criticisms on Pocket Gear about it. Your mileage may vary. I haven't tried this myself but might give it a spin later.

Jake K
05-14-2003, 11:57 PM
Viewsonics come with the Clearvue program and it works prefectly. If you really need a viewer then buy it.

nosmohtac
05-21-2003, 06:27 AM
I haven't found a free one or tried the one in the previous post, but I have tried most of the ones that will cost you some $$$.

I was wrong. I have tried the freeware app from ipresenter. It is a great piece of software considering it is free, but when I tried using it with my VGA card it kept telling me that my VGA drivers were not up to date and to download the new ones from colorgraphic. I checked with colorgraphic to make sure what I was using was the latest driver, then called ipresenter. They told me that I should call colorgraphic because they had tested their software with that card and couldn't offer much more support for a freeware app.

If your going to purchase one, it depends on what you need
Pocket Slides by conduits is a very powerful program that lets you build and edit ppt shows right on your device. I thought the program ran a little slow and it locked up my device a few times. It does convert the file to its own format though. 39.95

If you want to view ppt files with no conversion I believe the only program available is pocket slideshow by cnetx. 19.95

some ppt files can be quite large though and take up a lot of precious space on your device or storage card.
If you don't need the ppt file to be in their native format, then I recommend IApresenter from IA Style. I have been using this program for about six months and have had no problems at all.
I use a Voyager VGA card to output to a projector, and the show I have mainly been presenting is 15MB in its native format, but only 4MB after running it through the desktop converter. 19.95

Jorgen
05-21-2003, 06:50 AM
>If you want to view ppt files with no conversion I believe the only program available is pocket slideshow by cnetx. 19.95

ClearVue needs no conversion either.

Jorgen