View Full Version : time mysteriously shifts an hour

possmann
05-13-2003, 12:55 PM
I hvae a 3650 - current on all updates and I even did a hard reset on the thing yesterday so I'm out of ideas on why this is going on. The day of my appointments - like at midnight - all appointments for that day drop back an hour.

If I had an appointment at 8:00 in the morning - it stays that way until that day so when I look at it during the day of the appointment the time of that 8:00 appointment is now 9:00!

This is very odd - My Outlook calendar stays correct - no time shifting there - and even after synching with outlook on the day of the appointments - outlook is right and my ppc is an hour off! It's like daylight savings time didn't really take - but only on the day of the appointments.

help! Any ideas? Internal battery failure?

Pony99CA
05-13-2003, 01:48 PM
I hvae a 3650 - current on all updates and I even did a hard reset on the thing yesterday so I'm out of ideas on why this is going on. The day of my appointments - like at midnight - all appointments for that day drop back an hour.

If I had an appointment at 8:00 in the morning - it stays that way until that day so when I look at it during the day of the appointment the time of that 8:00 appointment is now 9:00!

This is very odd - My Outlook calendar stays correct - no time shifting there - and even after synching with outlook on the day of the appointments - outlook is right and my ppc is an hour off! It's like daylight savings time didn't really take - but only on the day of the appointments.

Ensure the time on your desktop and Pocket PC are the same. If they aren't, the clock on your Pocket PC is synchronized with the desktop. Also ensure the time zones are the same.

Steve

possmann
05-13-2003, 05:48 PM
been there - done that.

Keep in mind that the evnts are the same until the DAY OF - that is when they seem to get bumped back an hour on the PPC - I have never had this happen before with any PDA.

Could this be an internal battery issue? Seems to have started after daylight savings time kicked in... way wierd AND annoying.

jsanfordii
05-13-2003, 09:19 PM
You didn't mention whether or not you're using Pocket Informant, but I am, and also have had this problem. I posted this over at Pocket Informants because I thought it was specific to that software that I use. The fix that was a response to my post worked because I haven't had this happen since:

http://www.pocketinformant.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?t=1288

Also, someone else posted this and their topic is:

http://www.pocketinformant.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?t=1089

I hope this helps,

james

possmann
05-15-2003, 04:45 PM
nope - no 3rd party apps. In fact when I did my last hard-reset I made sure to re-install only the minimum amount of apps - MS Money is the only "add-on" that I am running and it still happens.

Latest update is that recurring appoinments do not shift (bump back an hour) so this has me even more confused. I'm wondering if it is some internal clock on the ipaq ... could this be my excuse to finally close the chapter on this ipaq in favor of a pocketpc phone?

jsanfordii
05-16-2003, 01:32 PM
Hmm. This is really wierd ...I had the problem also (as I mentioned before), but after I tried the solution on my links above, the problem went away.

I also thought that it might be because I was syncing to two different machines...

I have installed on my PPC: PI, eWallet, Resco Explorer, Nice Start (w/ Bio Scan).

james

possmann
05-23-2003, 06:23 PM
It was related to the auto-time update feature on the Windows XP Home Edition system - for some reason it was NOT updating GMT-6 (CST USA) correctly - always an hour off. Once I turned off the automatic updating feature, no issues.
The flag - you set on your desktop by double clicking on the clock and selecting the Internet Time tab from the popup screen - is suppose to weekly synch with time.nst.gov weekly to insure that your computer clock is correct.
Go figure... no issues with time shifting now so end of problem.