View Full Version : Basic help for a newbie

ProfessorJeff
05-13-2003, 05:19 AM
I love my Compaq IPAQ, particularly for Word and Excel using a keyboard. I wanted to add a wireless web feature so I could do research online and add it to a Word composition. I figured out I needed an expansion pack but it was unclear how I would connect. Most wireless providers shook their heads in puzzlement. Finally, it occurred to me it might be easier just to buy a new Pocket PC with the communications softare built in. Then, I could add the Pocket PC to my cell phone plan or create a new plan.

So, I have two questions. Which Pocket PC would give me the most options in terms of connecting with different cell phone carriers? Perhaps the better question is, which combination of Pocket PC and wireless service seems to work best (and least expensive) for you folks? Sorry for the basic question, but I am new to this and it's appearing to be more complicated than it should be. Thanks!

Jeff Joseph
[email protected]

hollis_f
05-13-2003, 07:26 AM
This is something that's asked quite often. You could try doing a search. Otherwise, there's very little that can be done to help you - unless you give more info - especially which country you're in (although the chances are 99% it's the USA). Then it'd be handy to know what model iPAQ and which phone you've already got.

ProfessorJeff
05-16-2003, 04:37 AM
OK, I'll answer my own post. I had ATT wireless so I purchased the Siemens 56sx. It's a phone and pocket pc with wireless web and email added. ATT sells the Siemens to use with its service. ATT offers a variety of plans depending on how many megabytes you want. I set it up today and everything seems to be working fine.