View Full Version : 256MB Secure Digital - $49.99 After Rebate

Janak Parekh
05-13-2003, 04:09 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/detail.asp?DPNo=545567' target='_blank'>http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/det...asp?DPNo=545567</a><br /><br /></div>I can't wait until the time flash memory is free. :D Until then, check out this deal from eCOST: Lexar 256MB SD for $69.99, with a $20 rebate. Watch out, though -- these are going fast -- there's only 36 left in this limited-time deal!

suhit
05-13-2003, 04:17 AM
2 minutes after that free deal, they will actually be paying us to take it off their hands ;). Now that is something to look forward to!

ricksfiona
05-13-2003, 05:46 AM
That's a great deal! However, I think 256MB is too small for the effort. I'll wait for the 1GB bad boys....

Pony99CA
05-13-2003, 07:41 AM
I can't wait until the time flash memory is free. :D Until then, check out this deal from eCOST: Lexar 256MB SD for $69.99, with a $20 rebate. Watch out, though -- these are going fast -- there's only 36 left in this limited-time deal!
I saw 91 left when I checked.

They also have the SanDisk 256 MB Cruzer for $66.99 (http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/detail.asp?dpno=445222) without rebates. If you don't mind SanDisk and don't have an SD card reader, that's about the same deal. (For comparison, I paid $70 for my 256 MB Cruzer in February -- after a $30 rebate.) The downside is that they may be sold out -- they say to call for units in stock and shipping information.

Steve

bdegroodt
05-13-2003, 01:59 PM
I can't wait until the time flash memory is free. :D Until then, check out this deal from eCOST: Lexar 256MB SD for $69.99, with a $20 rebate. Watch out, though -- these are going fast -- there's only 36 left in this limited-time deal!
I saw 91 left when I checked.

I think Ecost plays the "hurry and buy" game with the only x number left. I can almost certainly promise you that there won't be a shortage of supply from them. I can also state confidently that the new lower prices are surely indicative of much lower pricing to come soon. It's the same thing that happened to 128MB SD 6 months ago. Much larger capacity is on the horizon and these will only get cheaper. Just a couple of weeks ago I saw 32MB SD cards for free after rebate.

beq
05-13-2003, 02:04 PM
MIR is the devil's invention :evil:

I've sworn off any &lt;$150 MIR for years...

bdegroodt
05-13-2003, 02:09 PM
MIR is the devil's invention :evil:

I've sworn off any &lt;$150 MIR for years...

I must be the luckiest guy in the world because I've never had an issue once with probably over 50 MIRs. In fact, this tax season I did the usual TurboTax thing and was really surprised to see how well Intuit's rebate center handled the transaction. I was notified by email of their receipt of my MIR request and I had a check in under 3 weeks back from them.

On a different rebate earlier this year from MSFT, I actually got a call from a rep there because my address had changed and they got the check back. They actually called me and sorted it out and sent it priortity mail!

nobody
05-13-2003, 11:05 PM
I am waiting for 512MB SD price to go down. One thing I found strange is that 1 512mb sd card costs much much more than 2 256MB SD cards. What is the deal? It is not like 512MB SD is only manufactured by 1 vendor.

bdegroodt
05-13-2003, 11:07 PM
I am waiting for 512MB SD price to go down. One thing I found strange is that 1 512mb sd card costs much much more than 2 256MB SD cards. What is the deal? It is not like 512MB SD is only manufactured by 1 vendor.

They aren't stupid. They know that's what you really want. Plus I think some would argue that it's more expensive to manufacture higher capacity SD at the beginning. Just like CPUs, you pay for the big performance first. Maximizing the dollars available from the buyers that "gotta have it"

Kati Compton
05-13-2003, 11:36 PM

The 512MB SD is still pretty new, which is why it's still expensive. But frequently one larger memory is more expensive than 2 smaller ones. That's why you pay more in computer systems to get 512MB in one slot instead of 2x256MB's.

The bigger size means more sillicon, which means fewer per wafer, and a larger area for there to be production faults, which lowers the yield. It's just that much more expensive to make bigger chips.

But a lot of it is the newness.

beq
05-14-2003, 05:25 AM
I must be the luckiest guy in the world...

* stares in disbelief and envy *

So YOU'RE the one who's been taking all my luck! Grrr...

ctmagnus
05-14-2003, 05:30 AM
I must be the luckiest guy in the world

No, the luckiest guy in the world has curly toes on his shoes.

Think about it: wouldn't it be cool if you had shoes with curly toes? :D

bdegroodt
05-14-2003, 12:04 PM

Hmmm...Maybe. Only if you could have powers over the guys that would want to beat you senseless for walking around in such an outfit. :eek:

ctmagnus
05-15-2003, 02:21 AM

Hmmm...Maybe. Only if you could have powers over the guys that would want to beat you senseless for walking around in such an outfit. :eek:

True. I hadn't thought of that.