View Full Version : Toshiba Pocket PC Battery Problems???

jpielaet
05-13-2003, 02:08 AM
I am new to the Pocket PC scene, looking to buy my first one. The Toshiba models look very attractive and there seem to be great prices available. I have seen a lot of reviews posted on other sites describing horrific battery failures, poor battery life, and general unreliability. Can anyone offer me any insight as to whether these are real problems or the ravings of a few unhappy souls? :roll:

jpielaet
05-15-2003, 02:24 PM
Well I guess its a Dell Axim for me then. Saving $100 on a Toshiba will do no good if it doesn't work!

derosnec
05-16-2003, 01:59 AM
Usually you will find more people willing to voice dissatisfaction with a product . So yes, generally it will be the ravings of a few unhappy souls.. but...

I am on my seconds toshiba (first a e740 that got drowned) and now an e310. The e740 rocked! I never had a complaint about the battery life, yet I still charged it every day (or two days). For what the device offered (soo much expansion, wifi etc) I was more then willing to sacrifice a few hours of battery life. Thats also why I love the replacable battery in these things.

I do know of a few people that did have battery _problems_ (the famous 1% prob for example), but for every unhappy person there were a dozen without the problem, and from what I have heard toshiba was doing OK in battery replacements.

yvilla
05-16-2003, 01:45 PM
I have an e750, and absolutely love it!