View Full Version : gprs compact flash card?

tankrr
05-13-2003, 12:59 AM
I'm trying to find out who manufactures a gprs compact flash card for my ipaq that can be used on at&t, verizon, or t-mobile's networks. these things are hard to find! thanks!

jhawkins
05-14-2003, 12:53 PM
I'm trying to find out who manufactures a gprs compact flash card for my ipaq that can be used on at&t, verizon, or t-mobile's networks.

I'm using RTM 8000 from Audiovox in iPAQ H3900 with an expansion jacket. I'm on the T-Mobile UK Network.

It's mainly OK, but doesn't read my SIM properly so I can't dial numbers in my SIM address book or receive SMS. Their customer support was no help with this.

I can take calls and dial numbers manually or from my iPAQ Contacts and do mobile Internet browsing and e-mail, so I'm sticking with it.

Cheers,

sjjh

:|

Thinkingmandavid
05-14-2003, 11:25 PM
HEy dawg, verizon is not gprs....

kagayaki1
05-18-2003, 06:35 AM
I've been very intrigued by the GPRS CF card, but two things keep me back.

1) The lack of tech support available for the device. Unfortunately, it's hard for wireless providers to assist with something they don't know about (sometimes it's even hard for them to service their own products :lol: )

2) Battery consumption. It's not the card itself so much, but the added drain with the color screen, PIE browsing, etc.

The freedom would be nice; really, really nice. But I've always been a little hesitant. Anyone else that owns one want to chime in?

-Jason

kagayaki1
05-18-2003, 06:44 AM
Arne has a killer review (http://www.ppcw.net/index.php?itemid=784) with the usual compliment of killer pictures! I love his site!
[/url]