View Full Version : Uninstall problems...

tito3
05-08-2003, 03:57 PM
I've been trying to remove "SnoopSoft Dashboard" from an iPAQ 3970 (I've noticed a decrease in performance after installing it a week ago), but I get the message: "Uninstall unsuccessful. The program was not removed because these files are in use or are read-only..." The file is
\Windows\Dashboard.ddl
Well there is no running program in the Running Program list :? .

Again, I cannot uninstall "Lou Terrailloune TodaysInfo". The problematic file here is
\Program files\todaysinfo.dll

I wonder if anyone knows how to get around this problem. Thanks

blazingwolf
05-08-2003, 04:11 PM
Here is the uninstall direction from the site.1.002 How do I uninstall SnoopSoft Dashboard?

For the Registered Version of SnoopSoft Dashboard

Go to the SETTINGS | REMOVE PROGRAMS applet and select 'SnoopSoft Dashboard' to remove.
If the program is installed as a Today plug-in follow the prompts and then soft-reset your device when instructed.
Go to the SETTINGS | REMOVE PROGRAMS applet and select 'SnoopSoft Dashboard' to remove a second time to complete the uninstall process.
For the Trial Version of SnoopSoft Dashboard

Go to the Today Settings page and uncheck the 'Dashboard' program.
Activate whatever other plug-ins you want on your Today page and click OK.
Run the DashHelper program from your Programs folder and select 'Remove'.
Soft reset your device.
Go to the Settings | Remove Programs applet and remove the 'SnoopSoft Dashboard' program.
Just curious, what version of Dashboard are you using? The trial version does not work near as well as the registered version.

As for the Today program you can use file explore to goto the windows directory and rename the .dll files and then remove the program.

tito3
05-08-2003, 04:27 PM
Thanks blazingwolf for the quick reply. I was using the trial version by the way.