View Full Version : Has anybody tried JSLandscape on Ipaq 5455?

rooks308
05-08-2003, 12:26 AM
I downloaded the trial version today to see if i like it but i didnt see my 5450 listed on the compatability list... are they just slow to update the site or is it not compatable? Just don't feel like a hard reset. :?:

rooks308
05-08-2003, 01:07 PM
Ok i can answer my own question... I made sure to use the Ipaq backup(got to love that thing) and so once safe i installed and ran the application. I can see that it would be very useful on webpages but to run the PDA at 360 x 480 without modifying the rest of the gui is almost pointless as text is somewhat blurred and menus and pictures don't fill the screen. I realize this is not the fault of JS Landscape but it would have been nice to have some sort of option to enhance the Gui. So my next question is..... Is there an app out there that does increase the size and rez of the icons to accompany the screen resolution. Even if it is software driven.??

Evee Ev
05-27-2003, 01:57 PM
i just put this on for my ipaq 3975 and it totally crapped out on me!!! what's the correct way to install this program?

Johan
05-27-2003, 08:04 PM
I've had it on my 5450, no problemo. I really only got it to remap the volume rocker to up/down. As soon as this is integrated in some other program like pocketPlus or something I'll uninstall it (takes up some valuable space for only using the button remapping).

razor
05-29-2003, 11:16 PM
:!: If you install this, or any other program that loads on startup, and uninstall it later, be sure you don't do a soft reset until you have looked for the shortcut to the uninstalled program in the startup folder and deleted it! Otherwise you get the "Fingerprint Reader' failure and have to hard reset! This is documented elsewhere, but caused me to hard reset a dozen times before I read why it happened. (I kept trying programs that load in startup like Nyditot VD, Full Keyboard, etc)......... 8O

Palmguy
06-03-2003, 05:36 PM
i just put this on for my ipaq 3975 and it totally crapped out on me!!! what's the correct way to install this program?

Make sure that you are using the XScale version of this software. I installed the older software (StrongARM) and it crashed my 3950. Once I got the right software it worked great.