View Full Version : E3 and help me buy a new PDA.

Fishie
05-07-2003, 07:25 PM
Ill be arriving sunday in LA for E3(there should be plenty PDA games there this year)and would like to use the oportunity either in LA or in NYc to buy a new gizmo.
Where would the best places be in LA or NYc/New Jersey to buy me a new PPC/Palm?
I kinda just wanna test some random PDA´s out and get one just for fun.
Any help is appreciated.

Kaber
05-07-2003, 07:38 PM
Find a Best Buy or CompUSA store. They are pretty good about having powered display items which you can actually pick up and use.

I'll be at E3 also. Maybe we'll cross paths. :)

Fishie
05-07-2003, 07:46 PM
Cool, you going as a member of the interactive industry, a guest or a publication?

Kaber
05-07-2003, 07:49 PM
Media. I'm there every year.

Fishie
05-07-2003, 08:31 PM
Same here, wich publications you go for?

PetiteFlower
05-07-2003, 08:59 PM
Staples has a pretty good tech section too...

Kaber
05-07-2003, 09:31 PM
Independant. :twisted:

Fishie
05-07-2003, 10:55 PM
Oh IC so you fake youre way in?

Kaber
05-07-2003, 11:33 PM
Fake? No, I have a badge and everything, I'm just not with a pub this year.

bdegroodt
05-07-2003, 11:58 PM
Ill be arriving sunday in LA for E3(there should be plenty PDA games there this year)and would like to use the oportunity either in LA or in NYc to buy a new gizmo.
Where would the best places be in LA or NYc/New Jersey to buy me a new PPC/Palm?
I kinda just wanna test some random PDA´s out and get one just for fun.
Any help is appreciated.

If you don't mind hoping into a car in LA and driving 45 miles down the road, there's a nice Fry's in Fountain Valley.

In NYC, walk into any mid-town electronics store and play away. I'd never buy at one, but there's a million shops to get your hands on electronics there.

Fishie
05-08-2003, 12:31 AM
Yeah ive seen the ones in Manhattan, they always looked kinda dodgy to me so I never bought annything there.
I dont want to buy something that might be stolen or refurbished and sold as new and witouth warranty or annything.
Ill ask my friend in LA who picks me up at the airport sunday to drive me to the Fry´s, any other places you guys can recommend?

Kaber, you gonna be at any of the big press conferences(Nokia might give coupons for free NGage´s at theirs)?