View Full Version : LOOX + Bluetooth + T68i + GPRS

Guffy
05-06-2003, 09:15 AM
I got a Fujitsu-Siemens Pocket LOOX 600 (built in Bluetooth) and a Sony Ericsson T68i (built in Bluetooth) and I use Vodafone Sweden as my operator. I'm trying to get internet to work on my PPC via GPRS but don't know how to do. I can get the GPRS to work on my cell phone, and I know basic Bluetooth stuff. But what do I need to do on my PPC in order to get this to work? Anyone that can provide me with an easy to follow guide?

Thanks.

JvanEkris
05-06-2003, 10:05 AM
Try this manual: http://www.fujitsu-pc-asia.com/techsupp/pocketloox_faq/06_GPRS(BT).pdf

Jaap

freitasm
05-06-2003, 10:14 AM
You can also read the Geekzone Bluetooth Guides (http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=449) for a list of guides we have. Not specificaly the Loox, but there's one for Pocket PC and GPRS over Bluetooth, explaining the codes used.

JvanEkris
05-06-2003, 10:50 AM
I would start with the Manual from Fujitsu though: the Geekzone manuals are all based Ipaq's implementation. This implementation is not even resembling the way the Loox makes a connection.....

But they are very good manuals :)

Jaap

freitasm
05-06-2003, 11:34 AM
I would start with the Manual from Fujitsu though: the Geekzone manuals are all based Ipaq's implementation. This implementation is not even resembling the way the Loox makes a connection.....

But they are very good manuals :)

Jaap

Thanks for comments, Jaap!

Actually the only difference is how to pair the Bluetooth devices and the name the modem device appears in the list. In our guides we don't show how to pair, because this is usually in the mobile manual.

The Connection dialogs are the same in both the Loox .pdf and Geekzone.

JvanEkris
05-06-2003, 11:49 AM
Not quite,

If you want a seamlessly working GPRS connection, you need to be working from the Loox, with plugfree. Not only the bonding, but also the first connection has to be made this way. It requires that dial-up networking settings are activated in the options of plugfree. After this, you bond with your phone and initiate a dial-up connection with the telephone. You HAVE to fill in al the details right there. Doing so creates a special entry in the RAS-book, which can be used as a modem without the intervention of plugfree. This has to be modified (for example dial-strings etc. The Ipaqs always have their BT-connection manager running, and are less complex in practice.

Jaap

JvanEkris
05-06-2003, 11:56 AM
mfreitas,

I saw that you written most manuals (i reccomended some on our board as well !). I'm working on a guide to use a Red Hat 9 server as internet gateway for a pocketPC. I am performing the last tests and i am finishiong the text. It is in dutch (hey, i'm a mod on a dutch board), are you interested in having it (in english) as well ??

Jaap

freitasm
05-06-2003, 12:02 PM
mfreitas,

I saw that you written most manuals (i reccomended some on our board as well !). I'm working on a guide to use a Red Hat 9 server as internet gateway for a pocketPC. I am performing the last tests and i am finishiong the text. It is in dutch (hey, i'm a mod on a dutch board), are you interested in having it (in english) as well ??

Jaap

[offtopic continues]

That sounds interesting. Thanks for the offer, and yes I'd like to accept it. You can contact me thru a PM here or direct on my site.

A couple of our guides were written by David Hettel MVP, the H5450 ones. Thanks to him too.