View Full Version : Another dead Maestro

Glisson
05-05-2003, 01:29 AM
You know...That replacement plan at CompUSA is starting to sound like a good idea. I wonder if I go give them $40 they will swap out my PDA? I only bought it last October. I am heading out of town tomorrow and that had all my notes, itenerary, maps, entertainment you know the drill. I was going to do a little geocaching while in Chicago but not now. I am already going into DTs. I need to remember to call a coworker tomorrow and remind him of some details of a project and thought, "I'll add a reminder to call Mike about the project on my PD..." That was when I first started feeling it. I was loading a movie in for the trip too dang!
I'm not sure exactly what happened. I left it in the case in my truck last night and went to get it at about 9:30 this morning and nothing. When I tried to charge it it gave me the hard reset screen and I thought CRAP. Now I have to load all that stuff again. I wish I only had to load programs again.
So what do you guys think? Axim X5 400 or e740. Thats about the range i'm looking in. I have to have SD and CF. My Pharos CF GPS is going to get lonely next week. Also the Xscale processors will run programs made for the Strongarm processor right?

Thanks for letting me rant/ramble,

Glisson

Pony99CA
05-05-2003, 04:09 AM
You know...That replacement plan at CompUSA is starting to sound like a good idea. I wonder if I go give them $40 they will swap out my PDA?

Why would they do that? The point of insurance is that you get people to buy it up front, hoping they'll never use it. Why would they take a non-functioning PC back for $40?

It can't hurt to ask, but don't be surprised if they laugh at you. :-)

So what do you guys think? Axim X5 400 or e740. Thats about the range i'm looking in. I have to have SD and CF. My Pharos CF GPS is going to get lonely next week. Also the Xscale processors will run programs made for the Strongarm processor right?
The same people that made your Maestro make the Toshiba. Unless you want WiFi built-in, the Dell is the better buy. It also has a better screen.

And, yes, the XScale will run ARM software.

Steve

Glisson
05-05-2003, 04:13 AM
Dude, I was just joking about the extended warrenty thing. :wink: You vote Axim huh? I think that is the way I'm headed. I already have a WiFi card, not as cool as built in but...

Glisson