View Full Version : Trouble with E335 and Toshiba Bluetooth Card

Wallet Boy
05-02-2003, 11:12 PM
I just purchased a Toshiba Bluetooth SD card and I'm having some difficulty getting the PDA to see the card after I'm done with the install.

I backed up and sync'd my PDA beforehand so I'm not worried about losing any data.

I connect the E335 to the PC and install the software. I stop Active Sync according to the directions then reset the PDA according to the instructions. After the reset I turn the unit off and insert the BT card. When I boot the PDA up comes the thinking square, goes into the BT setup, then fails to detect the card. The actual error is "An error occurred with the Bluetooth SD Card. Confirm that the card is working properly." According to the manual I just need to turn off and reinstall the card to fix, but it comes up with the same error each time.

Also, when I try to use active sync again it comes up with a critical error and cannot connect unless I do a hard boot and reinstall.

Any ideas?

dhruv
05-02-2003, 11:36 PM
hey check the bluetooth card or try with a different one. probably the bluetooth card is no good.

Wallet Boy
05-02-2003, 11:39 PM
Running the card off a fresh hard reset does allow the card to boot up and I can connect and sync with BT.

Must be some other software conflict?

I'll keep trying!

Wallet Boy
05-03-2003, 12:36 AM
Ok, I discovered what appears to be the problem and thought I'd share my findings.

Spb Pocket Plus. Not the whole program, just the graph that shows how much memory is left in the SD card. I went back and disabled or uninstalled progams until I hit Pocket Plus. As soon as I did, the Bluetooth card started working. I thought that there was no way my beloved Pocket Plus could be the culprit! I started messing around with the different options. I found that the BT card would run as long as the memory card graph in the Today Plug-In was disabled. I hate to lose it, but I turned it off and now I have zero problems.

Now off to Spb and see if they know about this bug.

algester
05-03-2003, 05:48 AM
Looks like there is a new driver for the Toshiba SD BT - see http://discussion.brighthand.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78139

This may help you if you dont already have it

Janak Parekh
05-03-2003, 03:56 PM
Now off to Spb and see if they know about this bug.
It might be a bug in the e335 instead -- I'd assume if you have an SDIO card, the Pocket PC shouldn't report a SD memory card as being in place. No program, Pocket Plus included, should be able to confuse the e335 on that.

--janak

Wallet Boy
05-05-2003, 04:11 AM
It might be a bug in the e335 instead -- I'd assume if you have an SDIO card, the Pocket PC shouldn't report a SD memory card as being in place. No program, Pocket Plus included, should be able to confuse the e335 on that.

It seems to be Pocket Plus. I did another hard reset to wipe out everything then installed the new drivers that were suggested. The card worked each time I turned it on, off, and resetted. I intentionally tried to trip up the BT program or card with no success. As soon as I installed Pocket Plus the card stopped working. This was with just the BT drivers and Pocket Plus, no other programs in place. As soon I uninstalled Pocket Plus the card worked again. Seems to be pretty concrete evidence that Pocket Plus is causing the problems.

Damn shame too, since I actually liked that program!