View Full Version : Just bought a 3955 but...

the-mang
05-02-2003, 01:06 PM
OK, I had a Toshiba e755 and the build quality was absolute trash. I went through 8 units, but that is an entirely different story. Anyway, I wasn't happy so I bought an Ipaq 3955. It has the PXA250 and not the 255 and I notice a huge difference in performance. I know that there are other hardware differences, however, it is significant. Should I just return this and wait for the 2200? I'm not sure I'm happy with the speaker on the back and the 3.5" screen on the 2200, but I want the performance. I called Compaq and they wouldn't tell me if the 3955 would ever get the new chip, all they said was that they were getting ready to release a new iPaq. What the heck should I do?

Jimmy Dodd
05-02-2003, 03:50 PM
If waiting won't kill you, then I'd wait. HP has the 2200 and the 5500 series units coming out, plus PPC 2003 ought to be showing up soon as well. I have a Toshiba e740 (which lets me down often) that I'm putting up with until the new units hit the shelves, so you are not alone. I think we'll have more to choose from by the end of the month. If nothing else, current units' prices may drop as a result of the new models arriving.