View Full Version : can i use bluetooth to surf the internet?

gq12o
05-02-2003, 08:00 AM
if i have a bluetooth enabled computer, with internet.

can i use a bluetooth sd card in my toshiba e335 to surf the internet as if it were connected to the internet??

or when is sdio 802.11b card coming out??
thanks

Abba Zabba
05-02-2003, 08:08 AM
It is possible to be able to connect to the internet. I don't know why you would wnat to since you can only go upto 30 ft. with BT. As long as you sync your PPC with your notebook you should be able to connect to the internet. :mrgreen:

JvanEkris
05-02-2003, 08:52 AM
The 10 meter depends on your Bluetooth dongle and PDA. My Loox can get up to 100 meters (=300ft), In combination with a Class 1 dongle, i can wonder around my house using the internet :)

Jaap

freitasm
05-02-2003, 09:04 AM
It is possible to be able to connect to the internet. I don't know why you would wnat to since you can only go upto 30 ft. with BT. As long as you sync your PPC with your notebook you should be able to connect to the internet. :mrgreen:

I actually use the combination to browse from the other rooms... I live in a two story place, and my computer is always on. With the H3970 I can check new e-mails, what's coming on TV, check new movies to go out (yes, we have a life!). I think it's very useful and it works quite well. Of course a good hardware and software combination helps - the TDK is great!

To check how you configure this, check our Bluetooth Guides (http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=449).

Abba Zabba
05-02-2003, 10:02 AM
The 10 meter depends on your Bluetooth dongle and PDA. My Loox can get up to 100 meters (=300ft), In combination with a Class 1 dongle, i can wonder around my house using the internet :)

Jaap

Good point :!: But I don't think that any laptop comes with that much range :wink:

hollis_f
05-02-2003, 03:17 PM

Jaap

Good point :!: But I don't think that any laptop comes with that much range :wink:There are a few BT adaptors for laptops that are Class 1. AT least 4 on this (http://www.btdesigner.com/produsb.htm) page.