View Full Version : Where is all the Viewsonic Owners?!?!

Jake K
05-01-2003, 11:24 PM
Where is everyone? I own a V35 and I love it, but I'd like to here from other owners.

CodeSurge
05-02-2003, 02:32 AM
I'm here...

NeverEnoughMan
05-02-2003, 04:48 AM
I'm here, too.

I would have to say this is the best PDA I have ever owned. I typically exchange my PDA every year (must have new toys). I may keep the V35 longer.

The biggest reason I picked it over the 1910...the jog dial. The thing I like the most...the screen. The thing I hate the most...the lack of 3rd party accesories (I will retract this statement if Vaja makes a custom case for just us three).

NeverEnough"V35"Man

Agrev
05-14-2003, 06:56 PM
I just got my V35, and I am very satisfied with it. I had a hard time deciding between the V35 and the hp1910. I had $300 store credit at CompUSA, and I could not afford to spend more money. If I had more money, I would just wait for all of the new PPC's to come out.

I chose the V35 over the 1910 because:

I liked the buttons and D-pad better (I have big thumbs)
I love the scroll dial
SDIO (well, at least it is a possibility)
faster processer (seems faster than my wife's 300 Dell)
I wanted a cradle.

I had some trouble connecting at first, but I finally figured out the driver issue. I hope someone develops some more cases for the V35, and that they find a way to resolve the SDIO issue.

milkman
05-15-2003, 04:43 AM
I will hopefully be getting a V37 soon thanks to MSDN and my company.

I'll be here frequently as soon as it comes in.

:)

Jake K
05-15-2003, 06:17 AM
I will hopefully be getting a V37 soon thanks to MSDN and my company.

I'll be here frequently as soon as it comes in.

:)

Good! We need more traffic here.

red-alert
05-15-2003, 05:41 PM
I have one as my first pda, have no complaints.

paranet
05-15-2003, 06:16 PM
I got mine a month ago, and other then two or three bugs - the driver one, the sdio issue, the short battery life and the low memory comparing to other devices - you could say I am stisfied.

It's my first ppc (had palm 3, v, vx, m515 before...), and I like what i see....

Jimmy Dodd
05-20-2003, 10:43 PM
Waiting on my V37 now, courtesy MS. It will be fun to compare it to my e740 (or the HP 5555 that will soon replace it).

PocketRocker
05-23-2003, 02:18 AM
I've been a Viewsonic V35 owner for about three months and I'm very satisfied with it. Of course, I'll always want it to be faster, more RAM, longer battery, etc. But after looking at all the other competitors, it was the best choice for me, at this time. I really like the thin form factor.

Question: Does anyone know of a Bluetooth card that will work with the V35's SDIO slot? I want to integrate the V35 with a Bluetooth phone.

Thanks,

PocketRocker

Mystery905
05-26-2003, 03:39 AM
I've had my V35 for about two months and it is great. I tried the 1910 and ended up returning it primarily because:

- form factor of the V35 is better, including larger buttons, etc.
- cradle and leatherette slipcase is included
- 32MB ROM on the V35 (vs. 16MB on the 1910) means it is more upgradeable to PPC 2003

I also tried a Dell Axim Advanced recently and after going through four units, gave up (various problems including funky d-pad, dim screen, flickering screen, scan lines/horizontal interference.....). The Axim screen is dimmer and less vibrant (noticeably so) than the V35.

Then I tried an Ipaq 3950 and returned it after one day. Supposedly it is 400 Mhz, but the V35 felt more snappy! Some of the colours were more vibrant on the V35 as well (especially blue tones) and it seemed sharper (maybe because of the smaller screen). The 'whites' on the 3950 were whiter though. But the V35 is so much 'cuter' ! I was expecting so much more from the 3950 but ended up a bit disappointed (especially for the cost).

Raptor
05-26-2003, 05:45 PM
I've had my V35 for a little over 3 months now. I'm very happy with my decision to get it. I thought about the 1910, but in the end I got the V35. I haven't had any issues with it, and I also haven't heard of any, aside from some people that have problems with Windows detecting it. It is what I want in a PPC for a good price.

I think the lack of posts in V35 forums is kind of a good thing. After being out for 5 or 6 months now, it means Viewsonic has made a solid machine. If there were flaws we'd have heard of them already.

Jake K
05-31-2003, 07:38 PM
I've had my V35 for a little over 3 months now. I'm very happy with my decision to get it. I thought about the 1910, but in the end I got the V35. I haven't had any issues with it, and I also haven't heard of any, aside from some people that have problems with Windows detecting it. It is what I want in a PPC for a good price.

I think the lack of posts in V35 forums is kind of a good thing. After being out for 5 or 6 months now, it means Viewsonic has made a solid machine. If there were flaws we'd have heard of them already.
Good point! I never thought about that before.

view_dl
08-08-2003, 07:51 PM
Add me to the list.

phlnkrs
08-13-2003, 04:04 AM
I got my Viewsonic v35 approx 4 months ago. It is my first ever and I'm very pleased with it. Like some of the rest of you there were some issues to be worked out, and there are still, such as lack of accessories... battery life..., but all in all for the money you can't beat it. I did a lot of research and this was by far the best deal. I can't wait for pocket pc 2003 upgrade to be available.

pocketdoc
08-16-2003, 04:14 AM
I have had my V35 since December. Overall, for my forst Handheld, I have been very happy.

However, I will soon be upgrading to an Ipaq 194X. My V35 is very slow, and I have a problem with the SD card which I can't seem to fix. Every time I have to soft reset, I have to remove and reinsert the card, or the PDA won't see it. Wierd.

Anyway, for those who don't require a zippy PDA, the V35 is very good.

I worry that those who upgrade to the 2003 OS may not see an increase in speed. I don't think that the slow processor on the V35 could handle it. Just my thoughts.

greengold
12-25-2003, 04:11 AM
I realize this is an old topic, but I thought I'd add on.

I purchased one about a month and a half ago. I got it for a super price(it ended up costing me $50 after all the rebates @ COMPUSA). I was the first person on line outside the store, the day of a HUGE sale, and they only had two V35 available. So many people behind me were screaming that they wanted one that I figured I should take my chances and I walked blindly into this purchase.
At home, I researched my new PPC relentlessly. Aside from looking at all the PPCs and PDAs out there, I had to decide between the V35, V36, and V37. I am definately not an expert, so I was having trouble figuring it out.

Here is what I finally realized:

With all the rebates I was getting, the price was unbeatable. But even if there were reasonable rebates on similar items, this was still the best value, judging by Manufacturer's suggested retail price($249).
Initially, I was very worried, because I heard a few bad things about battery life, operating system, lack of memory, etc.
But after reading rants like that for a while, I realized that the people who were complaining were looking for a much more advanced system. They were using it for work, and comparing it to PocketPCs for $600. The V35 was being held to a very high standard. It's a small percentage of the population that needs a $600 PPC.
The V35 is a great machine. For someone like me it's wonderful. I know I need a PDA or a PocketPC or something, just to keep myself organized.
Even the worst PocketPC would still get a better rating than the best PDA.

The V35 is small, light, easy to use, the screen is sharp and colorful. I didn't even need to read the users manual. It's so easy to use that I just started exploring it and using it right away. Within 30 minutes I had figured out how to use it.

Unfortunately, there was a problem with the screen and I had to return it to COMPUSA. I was heartbroken when they told me they were sold out of the V35. After alot of whining, they agreed to let me choose another item to replace it, but anything in the same price range was disappointing. I even looked at the ones that were $100 or more and couldn't get excited about any of them. I miss my little V35. I loved that thing. I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know where I can find the V35 being sold by a reputable retailer. I'm looking for a big and reputable retailer, not a small internet company.

mike6024
12-27-2003, 07:37 AM
new V36 owner here

Skit
02-11-2004, 03:54 AM
See Sig below. ;)