View Full Version : Battery Pack 2003 v5 bug?

Andy Whiteford
05-01-2003, 07:41 PM
Anyone using this updated software? the new power alert is driving me crazy as it has a mind of it's own!
Anyone know how to rectify this? the sound plays on regardless of whether it is enabled or not and eventually it goes away, only to start up everytime I go into the Today Settings screen!

RickP in AZ
05-01-2003, 07:56 PM
I have experienced the same exact thing which is why v5 was removed from my iPAQ after 7 minutes this morning. Oh well, I really didn't need that feature anyway.

ERJRy
05-02-2003, 05:11 AM
Yeah, it is a prob with Battery Bar v5. Evidentally they're working on the fix already and are aware of the problem. In the meantime, go to settings/sounds & notifications and uncheck the "programs" box. This will rid your PPC of the tones from hell. Unfortunately, if you need sound for games or otherwise- you're still in trouble and may want to uninstall.

iant54
05-02-2003, 09:20 AM
To keep up with what's happening with Battery Pack (plus bugs, etc), try the Battery Pack forum:

http://www.wormholecreations.com.au/megabbs/forum-view.asp?forumid=4

The developer frequently posts!

ralliart12
05-02-2003, 10:12 AM
I was just about to download the newer version 5 when I noted the multiple issues here. Anyone has any idea when the fixed version 5 will be released & how can we know whether it's the fixed version?

iant54
05-02-2003, 11:38 AM
According to the developer's post on the Battery Pack forum under the subject "Continous Sound problem Battery Pack v5.0" (Post #1054 - In reply to #992): I will have a version out tomorrow (v5.0.1) that fixes this problem.

The post date/time was 2/5/2003 1:13 AM - though I'm not certain what time zone is being quoted.

I must say that the developer is very proactive - I had a problem with 4.2, which he fixed a few days later with 4.2.1 (increased the number of programs which the Program Bar could handle).

ralliart12
05-02-2003, 11:53 AM
According to the developer's post on the Battery Pack forum under the subject "Continous Sound problem Battery Pack v5.0" (Post #1054 - In reply to #992): I will have a version out tomorrow (v5.0.1) that fixes this problem.

The post date/time was 2/5/2003 1:13 AM - though I'm not certain what time zone is being quoted.

I must say that the developer is very proactive - I had a problem with 4.2, which he fixed a few days later with 4.2.1 (increased the number of programs which the Program Bar could handle).

That's one heck of a responsible developer. Though I realise one point, it'll also be a bit annoying if one'd just installed a version & a newer version pops out the nxt & so on so fore...but anyway, improvement is good; it's just the timing.

Andy Whiteford
05-02-2003, 02:58 PM
Omega One do seem very responsive and provide good updates although this does seem a fairly obvious bug and I'm surprised it wasn't caught before release. Not sure how the testing is accomplished.

iant54
05-03-2003, 08:32 AM
For those who haven't discovered the fact, the fixed version is now available for download from places such as Handango

Jammer
05-08-2003, 08:16 PM
I seem to be having the same problems described above.
I am using a Toshiba E335 with PPC 2002.
I sent the following letter to omega one tech support, but I thought you geek types might know the answer. :wink:

This is a copy of the email sent to tech support:

I recently purchased/downloaded your latest version of battery pack
> (5.0.2). I uninstalled the demo version, and installed the full version.
>
> I am having problems with power alert reminders.
>
> I have uncheched the reminder box in start>>setting>>sounds and
> notification.
>
> I have the following batt pack settings:
> Enable (check)
>
> Calendar Alarm1
> Task Alarm2
> Alarm sound Alarm3
>
> Quiet then louder
> stop when batt is low (checked)
> stop when batt is low (checked)
> Play sound for 10 sec
> Repeat every 5 min
> Stop after 30 min
>
> I have tried several different combinations of settings with no success.
> The LED will flash, the screen will turn on (once, dosnt remind again
> after
> 5 mins), and display reminder, but no audio is heard. The volume is
> turned
> up.
>
> Let me know what you find.
> Brad

Let me know if you guys know a way around this problem.

Jammer

ntractv
05-08-2003, 11:01 PM
I am running Battery Pack V4.2. Is v5 free for me? I see that the list free lifetime updates so if that's the case. How do I upgrade to v5?

Andy Whiteford
05-09-2003, 12:47 AM
You need to have Programs/ Notifications checked under Sounds and Notifications otherwise you will not hear anything including the standard alarms.
The Power Alert feature though is buggy so give it time to mature.

V5 is a free download. Go to where you purchased version 4 (e.g. Handango) and you should be able to download the latest version.

redifrogger
05-09-2003, 02:01 PM
When I initially downloaded version 5, I had all kinds of problems that others had, but the developer from OmegaOne fixed these, at least for me. I downloaded again Tuesday to get his fix and I'm not having any problems now. Personally, I love the things added to version 4.

Andy Whiteford
05-09-2003, 03:18 PM
There are definitely some issues with Power Alert with the latest version 5.0.2 so be wary but if it's working good for then great.

Jammer
05-09-2003, 07:19 PM
Sounds like the earlier versions may be more stable. Is there any way to download earlier versions of Battery Pack? I bought 5.0.2 using Handango web site, and did not see links for earlier versions.

Any idea how long it takes the developer to perform bug fixes?

Thanks for the reply guys!

Also, would you recommend a different Battery Pack type proggys?
(same functionality etc..)