View Full Version : Multimedia Forum Created

Jason Dunn
05-01-2003, 07:14 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=44' target='_blank'>http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/for...wforum.php?f=44</a><br /><br /></div>Seeing the recent discussions about multimedia popping up across the board, I decided to create a community forum specifically for the discussion of multimedia on the Pocket PC. Digital photos, audio, & video. What's the best picture viewer? What's the best way to get a DVD movie onto your Pocket PC? What's the best way to rip a CD and transfer it to your Pocket PC? These are all appropriate questions for this forum.<br /><br />I've also moved a few recent threads on the above subjects into this forum to give it a head start. Enjoy!

huangzhinong
05-01-2003, 07:38 PM
Jason, I am really admiring you, you still feel so confident with PocketPC, maybe because you know more about the PPC future than us.

Ed Hansberry
05-01-2003, 07:57 PM
Jason, I am really admiring you, you still feel so confident with PocketPC, maybe because you know more about the PPC future than us.
Oh yeah. :mrgreen: Don't get disheartened because it has been nearly a year and a half since anything besides EUUs have been done. For some reason people are OK that Windows XP is just as old and has no signs of replacement in the next 12-18 months but wonder what the heck the MS Mobile Device group is doing, as if the Pocket PC platform was a piece of shareware that could be updated every few months. Things are happening.

huangzhinong
05-01-2003, 08:27 PM
Ed, you are the next guy I feel so confident.
:D :D
You dare to call 3 and half years(From 1999 summer) as a few months!!
0X 0X Jason, I am really admiring you, you still feel so confident with PocketPC, maybe because you know more about the PPC future than us.
Oh yeah. :mrgreen: Don't get disheartened because it has been nearly a year and a half since anything besides EUUs have been done. For some reason people are OK that Windows XP is just as old and has no signs of replacement in the next 12-18 months but wonder what the heck the MS Mobile Device group is doing, as if the Pocket PC platform was a piece of shareware that could be updated every few months. Things are happening.

Pony99CA
05-01-2003, 08:50 PM
Seeing the recent discussions about multimedia popping up across the board, I decided to create a community forum specifically for the discussion of multimedia on the Pocket PC. Digital photos, audio, & video. What's the best picture viewer? What's the best way to get a DVD movie onto your Pocket PC? What's the best way to rip a CD and transfer it to your Pocket PC? These are all appropriate questions for this forum.

This is a great idea. I've thought of something similar, but haven't suggested it until now. How about adding a few more specific categories for software, like "PIMs" (for the Agenda Fusion/Pocket Informant crowd as well as questions about Pocket Outlook), "E-Mail", "File Explorers", etc.? It would make it a lot easier to find answers and for people to answer questions in their areas of expertise.

Steve

Jason Dunn
05-01-2003, 08:55 PM
This is a great idea. I've thought of something similar, but haven't suggested it until now. How about adding a few more specific categories for software, like "PIMs" (for the Agenda Fusion/Pocket Informant crowd as well as questions about Pocket Outlook), "E-Mail", "File Explorers", etc.? It would make it a lot easier to find answers and for people to answer questions in their areas of expertise.

Not a bad suggestion, but we've avoided getting too granular up until now because there's nothing worse than a dead forum with little activity. Our forums are just starting to take on a life of their own - in the beginning, people only commented on the front page stories and looked to sites like Brighthand for "community forums". I've seen a slow but steady shift towards people thinking of our forums as a place where they can be in community with each other.

Let's see how the Multimedia forum goes over the next few months, then I'll consider adding more forums like it. :D

marlof
05-04-2003, 04:28 PM
You dare to call 3 and half years(From 1999 summer) as a few months!!

That would have been April 19, 2000. Well... I guess Ed has as good a memory as I do, and he still remembers something happening on October 4, 2001 (http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/Press/2001/Oct01/10-04PPC2002LaunchKeynotePR.asp).