View Full Version : Does anyone else have these problems with h1910?

shdwx14
05-01-2003, 03:17 AM
Ever since I have had my h1910 the screen has been weird compared to any other PDA that I have used. The screen is not as sensitive to the touch of the stylus as any other PDA, most others I don't have to try to write or tap anything, but with the h1910 (especially when I write) I really have to make sure to hold the stylus down with pressure or it acts like I lift up the stylus in mid writting. Also, the screen alignment isn't that good at all. I can just align the screen and about 60% of the time it's okay. but the rest of the time when I go to tap something it taps the thing normally above it. These may not seem like that big of a thing, but they get really annoying when they keep on happening and I'm trying to get things done on my 1910. Is this just happening to me or to many other 1910 users? Should I take mine back and exchange it for a different one? Thanks in advance.

mountainfrog
05-01-2003, 03:41 AM
I have noticed the same problem with the stylus sensitivity. About a third of the time, my writing is recognized as special characters instead of letters as the 1910 thinks I have lifted the stylus up, even though I havent. I notice that I really have to push down firmly in order to write and wonder if I am damaging my screen from this pressure. I have wondered if my 1910 was defective and have also considered returning it as i have an extended warranty from CompUsa. Mine is a first generation 1910 as I purchased it when it first came out, dont know if that makes a difference or not.
I am interested to see if anyone else has had this problem. You are not alone

-Julie

rabidcat
05-01-2003, 05:31 AM
I also purchased a 1910 when it first came out and had the same problem with the screen sensitivity. I ended up returning the 1910 for a different reason, but I purchased another one last week and the sensitivity is just fine. I don't know if it's an individual defect or if it's something they've fixed completely with the newer units.

Mike

Jacob
05-01-2003, 05:39 AM
I've only seen this problem with the right side -the right scroll bar sometimes just won't respond as I'd like.

Crystal Eitle
05-01-2003, 03:23 PM
I also have scrollbar problems. I have to tap on a very exact spot on the scrollbar arrow, or my machine won't recognize it.

If you're worried about damaging the screen, I suggest you use screen protectors. I'm using NuShield screen protectors and I'm very happy with them. I've also heard good things about BoxWave and PPC Techs screen protectors.

Or you could just exchange it, I suppose.

xoiph
05-03-2003, 02:26 AM
My 1910's screen sensitivity works fine, but I noticed that when the pixels on the screen are black, and the backlight is turned up all the way, and I'm in a dark room, there are darkish spots near the edges. This doesn't really bother me enough to return it, but I never noticed this in any of my PDA's before. Anyone else experience this? :?:

i_spock
05-06-2003, 04:36 PM
I've noticed all of the above problems, and I've probably got an early unit also- I bought it mid-December. One of the most striking things to me was when I recently took a new job and was issued a Palm M505 to use. the grafitti recognition is vastly superior to what I get on my 1910's block recognizer. It just feels more solid when inputting text....

Then I took my 1910's writeright screen protector off to change it.... wow what a difference in grafitti recognition. Anyone else noticing a big change when not using screen protection?