View Full Version : Cannot connect.

Monty Gibson
05-01-2003, 02:04 AM
Has this happened to anyone? For some reason or another when you try to connect to the internet (T-Mobile PPC Phone Editon) the globe spins for a second and then disappears and there isn't even an attempt to access the internet, email, etc. The only way I've found to correct this is a hard reset. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this or has had this problem and has fixed it without a hard reset?

Qman
05-01-2003, 06:22 PM
WOW and hard set! Confirming a soft reset work didn't?
What ROM version are you running? If its less than version 3.14.40 ENG try upgrading it.

ROM Update:
http://www.t-mobile.com/products/handhelds/pocketpc/downloads.asp

rdef
05-03-2003, 02:28 AM
Try running welcome.exe in the Windows folder.

I don't remember where I read this, but it works. Apparently, going through the "welcome" process does something to some temporary files.

Try it; I bet it will work for you.

Monty Gibson
05-03-2003, 04:01 PM
WOW and hard set! Confirming a soft reset work didn't?
What ROM version are you running? If its less than version 3.14.40 ENG try upgrading it.

ROM Update:
http://www.t-mobile.com/products/handhelds/pocketpc/downloads.asp

Sorry for the delay in responding. I have the 3.14 upgrade. Thank you for your assistance though. I do appreciate it.

Monty Gibson
05-03-2003, 04:03 PM

I don't remember where I read this, but it works. Apparently, going through the "welcome" process does something to some temporary files.

Again, sorry for the delay in responding. I haven't even thought about this. I did an SD back up and ran the "welcome.exe" since I swore that I ran it a while back and it performed a hard reset on my device. Anyway, it didn't and my data is secure. I've already had to hard reset my device; however, the next time this may occur I will definitely give this a try. Thank you for the excellent tip! I appreciate it!

Monty Gibson
05-13-2003, 05:27 PM

Again, sorry for the delay in responding. I haven't even thought about this. I did an SD back up and ran the "welcome.exe" since I swore that I ran it a while back and it performed a hard reset on my device. Anyway, it didn't and my data is secure. I've already had to hard reset my device; however, the next time this may occur I will definitely give this a try. Thank you for the excellent tip! I appreciate it!

UPDATE!:

IT WORKED! For some reason, it happened again today and I ran the "welcome.exe" and it allowed me to surf again! Excellent tip!