View Full Version : Any diffrence with the new ROM update?

Bearjaw
04-30-2003, 10:30 PM
Hey everyone I was wondering if anyone has noticed any enhancements with the new ROM update(the on that came out right after the first one) I really want to know if its worth the hard rest or if I should just wait till PPC 2003 three comes out. If you have done the update let me know how its affected the preformance of your Axim.

P.S. Did anyone notice a diffrence in the startup "pause" after the first uodate? I didnt!!! Thats got to be the one thing I dont like about my Axim. :mrgreen:

etalianstallion
04-30-2003, 11:18 PM
I didn't notice much after the first ROM update (A02). I have yet to install the latest ROM update (A03). Maybe I'll upgrade only the even-numbered ROM dates, so Dell, if you're listening, I'm waiting for A04.

Regarding the start-up time, I didn't see much of a difference. On a separate note, once I put in my CF and SD cards, I did notice the power-down time is longer, or at least it takes some time for it to respond.

TheNewSteve
04-30-2003, 11:40 PM
I'll wait for the PPC2003 ROM update that should arrive this summer....

:)

Integrated BT, PIE with java support and more.

-Steve

PetiteFlower
05-01-2003, 04:55 AM
Weird....I just tried this on a whim.

The power on time with my SD card out is MUCH faster then when I turn it on with the card in. I knew I'd noticed a difference. But with the card in it's just as slow as before. Maybe I'll do A03....but I don't know. Reinstalling everything was kind of a pain.

Jason Dunn
05-01-2003, 04:58 AM
The power on time with my SD card out is MUCH faster then when I turn it on with the card in. I knew I'd noticed a difference. But with the card in it's just as slow as before. Maybe I'll do A03....but I don't know. Reinstalling everything was kind of a pain.

Do you have anything that appears on your today screen installed onto the SD card? If so, that would explain the slow-down - it has to go out to the card and read the icon file, draw it to the screen, etc.

I installed the A02 update, and everything is purring along nicely - I love that it actually turns on and off right away. I'll wait for at least the next new one before doing the ROM update again.

PetiteFlower
05-01-2003, 05:02 AM
Nope...only program installed on there is Pocket Backup. It's expired though so I'm gonna remove it and see if that changes anything. Most of the card is music though.

PetiteFlower
05-01-2003, 05:17 AM
Nope, no difference. Still slow with card in, fast with card out.

dodo34
05-07-2003, 09:49 PM
It is fix that dell will bring out a pocketpc2003 rom for the dell axim?