View Full Version : Sticky stuck gooey screen

ethancaine
04-30-2003, 02:31 AM
My new (exchanged) Axim has an issue with the sreen... when I write, the two layers stick together for an instant. It's nothing permanent, but it causes a significant delay in input and all but eliminates usability of transcribing (my preffered method of input). It actls like a window, a drop of water, and a ziplock bag (strange analogy, but it's best I could come up with) or maybe one of those CrackerJack toys where you write on the plastic and then peel it to erase (showing my age). Is there a fix for this? My old one does this if you press very hard on the screen, but my new does it all the time... any time a draw a line.

PapaSmurfDan
04-30-2003, 04:41 PM
Cute, very cute. That is not good. Have you tried putting a screen protector on? I noticed that the writeshields tend to pushdown the top layer and make the two layers feel like one. Other than that, you could call Dell again.

-Dan

egads
04-30-2003, 05:12 PM
Does it have a screen protector on it ?

I purchased the Dell screen protectors and they did exactly what you are describing...

Kati Compton
04-30-2003, 06:27 PM
I have my original Axim, with WriteShields on it, and it does not have this problem. If you have a screen protector on, take it off and see if the same thing happens. If it does (or you don't have a screen protector), contact Dell.

ethancaine
05-01-2003, 12:04 AM
I don't have a screen protector... I bought the Dell ones, but they were detrimental to my Axperience.

Kati Compton
05-01-2003, 03:44 AM
I don't have a screen protector... I bought the Dell ones, but they were detrimental to my Axperience.

Then clearly it is the unit, and they should handle it under the warranty...