View Full Version : Just saw the new Zire, it's already in Canada, Wish Pocket PC's were like that.

Hank Scorpio
04-30-2003, 01:07 AM
I just went to Future Shop and Staples and they both have the new Zire and the new Tungsten W, didn't see the C. By the way that Zire screen is incredible, the screen looked almost fake it was so clear and perfect. Anyways, these models were just launched and they're already in the stores. Why can't HP or Toshiba or any of the Pocket PC makers do this? why does it take 4 months before we Canadians get a look at the new products? Palms like Apple, Apple shuts their site down in the morning before an announcement and then when the sites back up in the afternoon, you can order the new stuff, even in Canada. Why does everything linked with Microsoft suck! I love Pocket PC, but only because it's does the stuff I want, but everything else about it sucks, the customer support, service, relations, especially the experience. The exception to this may be Dell.

dh
04-30-2003, 01:28 AM
I have checked out the Tungsten C and the dee Zire71 at the retail stores here in NJ.

To be honest, I thought the screen on the Zire was pretty good, but everything feels so cramped after the PPC screen.

So far the two PDAs that get the closest to what I actually want are the Dell Axim and the new Toshiba e750. (I have the Dell and love it). The only Palm OS device I would have considered is the Sony NX60, which now it has CF memory as well as Memory Stick is a nice PDA. The screen on the NX60 is great.

Having used Palm OS since 3Com days, I must admit that PPC2002 runs rings round it. I wish I'd changed sooner.

Your point about getting the new products to market is very valid though. I wonder if the problem is that PPC is a very small part of the OEMs business, whereas handhelds are 100% for Palm.

You are right also about Dell being an exception. I have not used Dell very much in the past, alway liked Thinkpads, but the service with my Axim has been first class. From fast delivery, to the newest processor to RAM upgrades, I can't fault them.

Like you, I'm no Microsoft fan but they can't be blamed for the poor service provided by their customers. And let's face it, Microsoft does make some good stuff.