View Full Version : What are you drinking at Starbucks?

Evee Ev
04-28-2003, 02:52 PM
So, for those of us starbucks junkies, what are you drinking? at first i was going for the caramel machiatto. now i'm feelin' the white hot chocolate. what's your choice?

scottmag
04-28-2003, 03:07 PM
So, for those of us starbucks junkies, what are you drinking? at first i was going for the caramel machiatto. now i'm feelin' the white hot chocolate. what's your choice?

I'm not sure I should confess this in public, but I love the Mocha Coconut Frappuccino. I don't have a Starbucks near my home/office, but I stop there when traveling. I've mentioned in a couple of threads about the Starbucks wireless plan that I'd pay the monthly fee since I am always in or near a Starbucks when traveling on business.

Scott

rhmorrison
04-28-2003, 03:16 PM
I've mentioned in a couple of threads about the Starbucks wireless plan that I'd pay the monthly fee since I am always in or near a Starbucks when traveling on business.Scott
Have an Egg McMuffin instead and surf for FREE.

Pat Logsdon
04-28-2003, 04:33 PM
I have a venti easy-ice (less ice = more of the good stuff) with whip mocha frappuccino every evening.

Very nice to work on that for an hour or so while reading an ebook and listening to mp3s. :D

<rant>
As far as the Starbucks wireless deal - I wouldn't bother. I've had nothing but problems with them. For some reason, 90% of the time their system doesn't disconnect you, even when the wireless card has been disconnected, and there's no way to manually log off. This means that when you try to log on the next day, it says that all of your minutes have been used up. I can't tell you how many times I've had to call T-Mobile and explain that NO, I really wasn't online for 2 hours yesterday, I could in fact only browse for 2 MINUTES before your cruddy system kicked me back to the login page and wouldn't let me back on.
</rant>

*Deep, cleansing breath*....I figure that I'll give it another few months and then try again. :D

Jimmy Dodd
04-28-2003, 05:16 PM
House blend. Straight, no chaser.

EvilOne
04-28-2003, 05:18 PM
Grande Americano, extra shot.

Evee Ev
04-28-2003, 05:19 PM
i was behind this guy last week...he ordered a four shot expresso! wow!

as for the wireless plans: all the starbucks that i've been to in nyc say that it's available, "but it's not working right now." go figure.

FredMurphy
04-28-2003, 05:41 PM
I'm usually drinking either a Mocha (easy on the chocolate) or if it's warm a mocha frappucino. It was Starbucks free Wi-Fi trial that swayed me from Coffee Republic. Unfortunately my local Starbucks is more like a creche during the day - sometimes more screaming babies that adults!

btw, As a few of you seem to like the mocha frappucinos, I decided to try to make my own....

1 teaspoon of instant coffee, 1 of hot chocolate, 3 to 4 8O of sugar.
Third fill the cup with milk, add ice, chuck in a blender.

Perfect :D

Crystal Eitle
04-28-2003, 05:46 PM
No Starbucks for me - I'm a Jamba Juice girl all the way. Bananaberry smoothie with Energy boost - mmm! :sunny:

Jacob
04-28-2003, 06:05 PM
No Starbucks for me - I'm a Jamba Juice girl all the way. Bananaberry smoothie with Energy boost - mmm! :sunny:

I LOVE Jamba Juice!!!

The only problem is it's too expensive for me to have one every day. They have a mango drink that is nothing short of amazing.

I try not to buy anything over $2 at Starbucks. I just don't see how a frappuccino or X-accino is worth that much.

bdegroodt
04-28-2003, 06:23 PM
Grande Black Eye. 2 shots in regular coffee. Glad to hear I'm not the only one in the city that keeps getting the "it's down right now" excuse.

Jimmy Dodd
04-28-2003, 06:25 PM

Health freak! :wink:

ironguy
04-28-2003, 06:35 PM
I tried the new Toffee Nut Latte the other day.

Tended to be too sweet and the toffee and nut flavors too mixed. Kids will like it though.

don dre
04-28-2003, 07:14 PM
I live in philly and the nicest thing to see is that )for corp coffee chains) Starbucks is always mostly empty while Cosi is mostly packed. Even with T-Zones you can;t get me to drink their gasoline flavored coffee. Besides, sometimes a man likes a little Kahlua in his coffee (or perhaps a glass of wine for someone instead.)

opus
04-28-2003, 07:25 PM
Venti Caramel Frapp if I'm looking for the sugar blast, otherwise Venti Iced Coffee, No Ice. Twenty ounces of slammable caffeine goodness. I started drinking coffee late, and never really learned to enjoy hot beverages.

Where are you finding toffee nut latte, btw? They've already stopped that one in NYC, and are on to Malted Mochas. I thought that Toffee Nut was one of their better specials, along with the Peppermint Mocha of a few months ago.

Evee Ev
04-28-2003, 07:28 PM
Venti Iced Coffee, No Ice. how is that possible?

lurch
04-28-2003, 07:46 PM
frozen steamer:

milk, vanilla, carmel
frappe it
on the rocks,
topped with whip-cream and carmel sauce

MMMMMM....
(okay so it's not coffee... I only drink coffee when I am exhausted and need to stay awake!)

bdegroodt
04-28-2003, 07:53 PM
I live in philly and the nicest thing to see is that )for corp coffee chains) Starbucks is always mostly empty while Cosi is mostly packed. Even with T-Zones you can;t get me to drink their gasoline flavored coffee. Besides, sometimes a man likes a little Kahlua in his coffee (or perhaps a glass of wine for someone instead.)

You mean Cosi the "evil publicly traded corporation" (http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=COSI&d=t) that's closing stores? What's the difference between them and Starbucks?

Janak Parekh
04-28-2003, 10:00 PM
You mean Cosi the "evil publicly traded corporation" (http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=COSI&d=t) that's closing stores? What's the difference between them and Starbucks?
Thanks! That was my exact question. It's not like it's a Philly special, there are enough of 'em here in NYC...

--janak

bdegroodt
04-28-2003, 10:02 PM
Thanks! That was my exact question. It's not like it's a Philly special, there are enough of 'em here in NYC...

--janak

Don't get me wrong. I love the sandwiches and I'm always cool for a drink and conversation at one, but this Starbucks bashing is something I really don't get. Especially when compared to a Cosi.

I'll have a Tall Black Eye now please :D

opus
04-28-2003, 10:09 PM
Venti Iced Coffee, No Ice. how is that possible?
Try it and see :D
Where's the "I'm hyped on caffeine" emoticon? I guess this'll do: :multi:

No boring ice taking up volume. Just a big vat of intense caffeine, consumable at max speed on delivery.

Sometimes the barista has to pause and repeat if they haven't taken an "iced coffee no ice" order before. Obviously only doable if they have a big container of coffee already chilled, but they usually do, at least in spring and summer.

bdegroodt
04-28-2003, 10:13 PM
Try it and see :D
Where's the "I'm hyped on caffeine" emoticon? I guess this'll do: :multi:

No boring ice taking up volume. Just a big vat of intense caffeine, consumable at max speed on delivery.

Sometimes the barista has to pause and repeat if they haven't taken an "iced coffee no ice" order before. Obviously only doable if they have a big container of coffee already chilled, but they usually do, at least in spring and summer.

I have to ask a question that's plagued me for years. I love iced coffee, but only sweet (I drink my hot coffee black.), but I can never get the sugar to disolve in the cold coffee. Any tips for a novice at iced coffee?

opus
04-28-2003, 10:21 PM
I have to ask a question that's plagued me for years. I love iced coffee, but only sweet (I drink my hot coffee black.), but I can never get the sugar to disolve in the cold coffee. Any tips for a novice at iced coffee?
I cheat. I've learned to love the taste of Aspertame/Equal/Blue Packets. It dissolves instantly in cold coffee.

If you only want real sugar (hey, I can respect that :) ), you just need 30-60 secs of patience. Keep stirring, and it will dissolve eventually. Gives you a chance to chat with any cute co-customers...

EvilOne
04-28-2003, 11:01 PM

Try putting in the sugar first, then some hot water to dissolve it, then add your cold beverage.

nclwireless
04-30-2003, 05:18 PM
Here in Newcastle,

<either>

Double Espresso

<or>

Venti three-shot Mocha. With whipped cream, naturally.

(I've only had a three-shot espresso once, during a slow Sunday in which I consumed eight shots in various drinks over the day. By 7pm, I had a bit of a headache.....)

Busdriver
04-30-2003, 06:08 PM
A $3.00 cup of coffee. 8O Once.

Eitel
04-30-2003, 07:19 PM
Why always Starbucks? Doesn't anyone here like to drink coffee from Borders Cafe? :roll:

Unreal32
04-30-2003, 07:33 PM
Venti nonfat toffee nut latte, light on the foam, extra shot. :)

Ever try ordering it in the wrong order? Makes them pissed!

Jacob
04-30-2003, 08:20 PM
Venti nonfat toffee nut latte, light on the foam, extra shot. :)

Ever try ordering it in the wrong order? Makes them pissed!

You should do it more often - now there's "good" customer service. You must order it properly!!! OR ELSE!