View Full Version : Used Handhelds.com

Jason Dunn
04-28-2003, 02:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.usedhandhelds.com/' target='_blank'>http://www.usedhandhelds.com/</a><br /><br /></div>Looking for a used Pocket PC? Got a Pocket PC you want to sell? Check out Used Handhelds.com, the latest offering from Thaddeus Computing, the fine folks that bring us Pocket PC Magazine.

WillyG
04-28-2003, 03:50 PM
I see you can sell your own device to them too. Wonder if they take international orders, or if this is US only...

lurch
04-28-2003, 03:58 PM
This is a great resource! When I buy a Pocket PC, I buy 'em used! Why would I pay full price??? It's better than eBay (http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2F&krd=1&from=R8&MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&ht=1&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&query=jornada+567) because there's at least a 30-day money back guarantee!

quidproquo
04-28-2003, 04:36 PM
Wonder if I can sell my old Radio Shack 32K clamshell organizer? (circa 1989)
It may be worth something as an antique :?

egoz
04-28-2003, 04:50 PM
I don't think URL's contain spaces though, eh?

Hal Goldstein
04-28-2003, 05:00 PM
I see you can sell your own device to them too. Wonder if they take international orders, or if this is US only...

We ship all over the world.

Hal at Thaddeus www.thaddeus.com

Patt
04-28-2003, 06:11 PM
Mr Goldstein:
I have a question. On your site the shipping link tells me that for 1 unit shipping outside the US is free, yet when I started to place an order for 1 unit the shipping was assessed at $35. Am I missing something?

Patt

Hal Goldstein
04-28-2003, 06:19 PM
Mr Goldstein:
I have a question. On your site the shipping link tells me that for 1 unit shipping outside the US is free, yet when I started to place an order for 1 unit the shipping was assessed at $35. Am I missing something?

Patt

I hope we're the ones not missing something. There are no taxes outside Iowa, hopefully that's what you saw. Shipping is $35 outside U.S. and $9.50 in U.S. If you can please email me link where it says shipping free, [email protected], or post it here.

THANKS for the feedback.

Hal

GoldKey
04-28-2003, 07:03 PM
Mr Goldstein:

Patt

I hope we're the ones not missing something. There are no taxes outside Iowa, hopefully that's what you saw. Shipping is $35 outside U.S. and $9.50 in U.S. If you can please email me link where it says shipping free, [email protected], or post it here.

THANKS for the feedback.

Hal

Here is the link http://www.usedhandhelds.com/store/asp/shipping.asp . The way I read it, if you are ordering just one unit, shipping is free anywhere.

Patt
04-28-2003, 07:13 PM
Thanks Goldkey for posting the link, AND agreeing with my interpretation: FREE is good! We like free: !!!!!! :D

lonesniper
04-28-2003, 07:19 PM
WOW HP 1910 for $124!!! No wonder it is Out of Stock.
http://www.usedhandhelds.com/store/asp/product.asp?recorprod=1&product=158&cat=24&ph=&keywords=&recor=1&SearchFor=&PT_ID=1

GoldKey
04-28-2003, 07:19 PM
Slightly off topic, but can anyone recommend a good place to buy a used laptop?

lurch
04-28-2003, 07:24 PM
Mr Goldstein:

Patt

Yep, I agree, it says free shipping! Hmm... :)

lurch
04-28-2003, 07:39 PM
Well I bought one at a local computer show... but I don't know that I'd recommend doing that... :)

Did you try www.usedlaptops.com? :mrgreen:
P.S. I'm not endorsing that site, I was just (not) being funny by using the same name as the usedhandhelds.com site....

GoldKey
04-28-2003, 07:47 PM
Well I bought one at a local computer show... but I don't know that I'd recommend doing that... :)

Did you try www.usedlaptops.com? :mrgreen:
P.S. I'm not endorsing that site, I was just (not) being funny by using the same name as the usedhandhelds.com site....

Actually, I am looking for something that someone will endorse. I don't need much, just something portable for use in the house for portable internet on our wireless network. Except for the screen, my Axim is perfect.

The sites I have seen either seem fly by night, or their prices are high enough that I would just assume go to Dell and just a bit more and get a brand new machine.

Hal Goldstein
04-28-2003, 07:52 PM
Thanks Goldkey for posting the link, AND agreeing with my interpretation: FREE is good! We like free: !!!!!! :D

You like FREE. We don't! :cry: I am investigating. THANK YOU for pointing this out.

GoldKey
04-28-2003, 07:55 PM
You like FREE. We don't! :cry: I am investigating. THANK YOU for pointing this out.

Free Website audits, just another benefit of posting at PPCT!

Sslixtis
04-28-2003, 08:47 PM
Wow am I glad to see a site like this! As often as I replace PPCs this will come in handy. I'm too lazy for eBay and just giving them away like I've been doing gets pricey! :pimp:

Patt
04-28-2003, 09:33 PM
AWWWWW,

They have updated their shipping info. Now they want $35 US for shipping to Canada!!! That is $50 to me. I must say I -was- pretty impressed to see the free shipping as usually we Canadians get the shaft with regards to shipping from US web sellers. Sigh .......

GoldKey
04-28-2003, 10:14 PM

THANKS for the feedback.

Hal

Hal, I see the site has been updated, but now it say $12.00 and $17.00 in the US as opposed to the $9.50 stated earlier.

Hal Goldstein
04-28-2003, 10:46 PM
Hal, I see the site has been updated, but now it say $12.00 and $17.00 in the US as opposed to the $9.50 stated earlier.

We made the link that had the erroneous shipping prices disappear. I quoted $9.50 because that is our price for the HP Palmtop at www.PalmtopPaper.com. I assumed that we were charging the same. (As you might infer, I was out of the loop setting shipping prices :cry: ). I'm sure what we did was find out average 2-day shipping, insurance and packaging costs, since we don't price to make money on shipping.

If anyone feels that they were misled because of the erroneous (non) shipping charges, please email me, [email protected]. We will honor the price you think we should have charged you based on our promise.

Hal at Thaddeus, www.thaddeus.com

foldedspace
04-28-2003, 10:53 PM
Are most things out of stock because it's a startup? Any idea on how often new (old) units arrive?

thanks!

Hal Goldstein
04-28-2003, 11:06 PM
Are most things out of stock because it's a startup? Any idea on how often new (old) units arrive?

thanks!

Yes -- we're just getting started. Do people find it annoying, so much is "out of stock", or do you like the way it is set up, so folks can easily learn more.

Large buys of equipment are quite possible, so what's available can change quickly. We are a little cautious to build up an inventory, since it will easy to get stuck with stuff. We are experimenting on pricing and what we buy, to see what is best business-wise and for the consumer.

I am open to ideas publicly and privately ([email protected]).

christak
04-28-2003, 11:43 PM
We are a little cautious to build up an inventory...

I'm not sure if my experience was just a glitch or what, but...
I filled out the form on your site a little over a week ago regarding selling a 3630 that I have "sitting at the house" and never received "any" response from you guys... No big deal, since my son has talked me out of getting rid of it, but I thought a response would have been forthcoming... :wink:

JoeMoon
04-29-2003, 02:53 AM
I'm not sure if my experience was just a glitch or what, but... I filled out the form on your site a little over a week ago regarding selling a 3630 that I have "sitting at the house" and never received "any" response from you guys...
Same here... I filled out the form almost a month ago, waited about a week and decided to call in. No one was able to handle the call, so I left a message and was told someone would call back. Still no call... I guess it is hard to have invnetory when no one is buying invnetory!

Joe...

Gerard
04-29-2003, 05:00 AM
Dang, one thing about being broke, it's painful finding out about a site like this one. I once more fell for the NEC thingy, the one with the way-sexy cradle. One can scarcely even call it that; more of a command station or launch platform. Only three things kept be from ordering one at that very attractive price today; being broke, worrying about the battery, and a sort of half-worry about getting a 32MB device. But whoa, baby, that is one nice looking machine. With a CF II and an SD slot, I think I could have a lot of fun setting it up as my girlfriend's first PPC. She's been reluctant so far, but the Axim and iPAQ 1910 prices and specs have her almost convinced... A used PPC would really appeal to her thrify nature, and I'd have lots more excuses to spend time (no more 'wasted time' hehehe) tweaking a PPC to absolute perfection... for her, of course. I'll bet the PockeTop keyboard works with it just fine, too; a fine excuse to get one of those.
For my 2¢ Hal I'll say bravo! Excellent, simply laid out, very informative used PDA site. I like everything about it. And having lived with the Canadians-get-the-****ty-end-of-the-stick thing 41 years now, I gotta say it doesn't phase me any more. Just part of the deal in doing business a few dozen miles North of the border with all you ugly Americans. ;) (that's a big poke in the ribs - geez, don't take everything so seriously, eh?)

lurch
04-29-2003, 05:59 AM
(that's a big poke in the ribs - geez, don't take everything so seriously, eh?)
take off you hoser.
:mrgreen:

ctmagnus
04-29-2003, 06:08 AM
(that's a big poke in the ribs - geez, don't take everything so seriously, eh?)
take off you hoser.

iirc, that should be either

take off, ya hoser

or

take off, eh?

Gerard
04-29-2003, 06:16 AM
No way! Like, you take off, tha both of ya, cause like, there's no way I'm takin off, eh?!

Hal Goldstein
04-29-2003, 06:28 PM
I'm not sure if my experience was just a glitch or what, but... I filled out the form on your site a little over a week ago regarding selling a 3630 that I have "sitting at the house" and never received "any" response from you guys...
Same here... I filled out the form almost a month ago, waited about a week and decided to call in. No one was able to handle the call, so I left a message and was told someone would call back. Still no call... I guess it is hard to have invnetory when no one is buying invnetory!

Thanks for the feedback. I don't have a good response, except that it will get better over time. I can give you lots of excuses and explain our internal operations, but the bottom line is that we should have gotten back to both of you. I can't promise it will be fixed tomorrow. However, it will be fixed. Thank you for your patience.