View Full Version : How many apps do you have on your PocketPC?

Martin I Pettinger
04-25-2003, 01:38 PM
Hi

I am just doing an inventory of what is on my PocketPC using ListPro - noting version numbers and web site where I can.

Wow - I have a lot of things to add yet but I am already up to 30 apps, including 4 today screen plug-ins.

Question: Is there an app (lol) for scanning the PocketPC and listing all the apps and their locations.

Martin

disconnected
04-25-2003, 03:32 PM
That's a wonderful idea for an app if any developers are looking for ideas.

I have way more stuff than I need on my PPC (over a hundred apps installed), and have totally lost track of things like where the apps are installed, date/place of purchase, registration key (and whatever was used to generate the key), version-number, free-update availability, length of subscription, patches, work-arounds, etc. I even bought a notebook so I could keep printed versions of receipts with all other info, but the notebook is still empty (if my hard-drive crashes, I'm dead).

Anything that would automate any part of this record-keeping would be great. I have list-pro and ewallet, but with those I'd have to start by entering everything manually. This new, imaginary, app could set up a spreadsheet or form, and fill in whatever it could find. Then it could have space for the user to fill in the rest, including notes. Ideally, it would have a desktop component, so you could sync the document, and do the manual updates on either the PPC or desktop, and be able to print it out.