View Full Version : Keyboard for e-335

joefriday223
04-25-2003, 02:31 AM
Okay folks I KNOW this has been addressed b-4 but I can't find the string. In short, keyboards that will connect with the e-335. Toshibas site says that a USB keyboard will connect, is this true and do I need any adapters to do so, I really don't care for those folding jobs but will make do if I have to. any help would be apprieciated

miterb
04-25-2003, 02:39 AM
The Pocketop Keyboard should have been available for the e335 on April 15th. See their website, www.pocketop.net. It uses the infra-red port for input which means it would likely be useable on your next PPC too. It is a nice small size and works well. I use it on my e740.

Sometimes you get the same thing in the USA from Micro Innovations - sometimes cheaper. You would have to download the current software from Pocketop, though.

Brad Miter

Sheynk
04-25-2003, 05:05 AM
i have the e755... do u just screen rotate to use it?

im still waiting for the new driver

miterb
04-25-2003, 02:47 PM

No, I don't as a rule rotate the screen. I dont' have much luck with any rotation software. I guess I don't use the keyboard enough at this time to practice with it. I generally use the Pocketop with the easel attached and set the 740 upright, still in its EB case. The IR then seems to be close enough to work just fine.

Brad

Happy_e335_Owner
06-12-2003, 03:44 AM

No, I don't as a rule rotate the screen. I dont' have much luck with any rotation software. I guess I don't use the keyboard enough at this time to practice with it. I generally use the Pocketop with the easel attached and set the 740 upright, still in its EB case. The IR then seems to be close enough to work just fine.

Brad

FYI, I ordered the Micro Innovations Keyboard, and it does not work with the e335, as there are no drivers...so, I returned this keyboard and purchased the G700 from Belkin which is made specifically for the e335. Belkin has it on their site for 79.99 ( I think)...but they also are selling it refurbished for 29.99. I just ordered on, and I will share my experience with this keyboard when i get it.

The site says that it might be a while before the refurbished keyboard ships, however it was actually shipped the same day that I placed the order.

It's not wireless, but the pda plugs right into it, and the keyboard holds the pda up...I think I would rather have that than the wireless one because they still have to be right beside each other, and at least this way the keyboard will hold up the pda.

Now, wonder if I'd be able to use this on an airplane, or if they would consider a banned peripheral..........hmmm...things that make you go hmmm...