View Full Version : Notes Slow down!

AZMark
04-24-2003, 11:13 PM
All of a sudden my notes applet has showed a signifigant slow down. May have something to do with it's reading and writing memory? But when that app is open all other apps slow down as well. When closed everything is pretty much normal.

I uninstalled the last couple of apps I had installed. No change. I deleted the last couple of reg entries those apps had installed, no change. Got crazy and even deleted the reg entry for notes. Luckily it just recreated it after running notes again, but still no change. As soon as notes is open, everything slows down. Tried searching the board, but didn't find much so I thought I'd post. HELP

Axim 400mhz
Belkin 802.11b
Dell Truemobile BT
San Disk 128meg SD

Thanks for any help in advance.
AZMark

AZMark
04-24-2003, 11:16 PM
OKOK

So I don't listen much to myself. I thought it might be a memory problem,,,,list that I have a memory card,,,,I try pulling it out, and lo and behold everything speeds up,,,,so now the question is what on that card could be slowing it down,,,,??????

Have had the SD card from the begining, and the app worked just fine before, so must not be the card itself, but something on it.

Anyone?

AZMark

AZMark
04-24-2003, 11:27 PM
At least you all get to read about my pain and laugh.

Ok,,,,so we've now figured out it's the SD card. And guess what!?

A couple days ago I put all the Geocaching in the area on to my Axim. Worked great. Copied over many (over 900 !!!!! ) html files over to the Axim, PIE went to the index page and I was able to quickly locate caches in my area. It was only the 300 closest caches to me, taking up less then 2 meg. Put them all in a cache folder within my documents.

Well I guess that many files just freaked it out! I'll try getting them in to a folder outside of the "My Documents" folder and see if that works better. Oh well lots of work for a weird little problem. But a big problem when your trying to take notes in a meeting!

AZMark

GoldKey
04-25-2003, 01:43 AM
A couple days ago I put all the Geocaching in the area on to my Axim. Worked great. Copied over many (over 900 !!!!! ) html files over to the Axim, PIE went to the index page and I was able to quickly locate caches in my area. It was only the 300 closest caches to me, taking up less then 2 meg. Put them all in a cache folder within my documents.

AZMark

As a fellow cacher, I would love to know how you did this!

AZMark
04-25-2003, 04:48 AM
at first I used gpxspinner but that is what caused the problem above. Tonight I downloaded gpxview and just copied the one gpx . file over to the My Documents folder

To get the gpx files you have to be a member and sign up for the pocket queries

Hope this helps If not ask for more

AZMark

bbell98
04-25-2003, 08:32 PM
I've also seen where a large number of files can seem to "slow down" the whole system. I have the Atari emulator and had around 500 games on my PocketPC (just for braggin rights) ... But, any time I would load notes, word, or another program, it would propogate the CF card and take forever... For awhile I would just pull out the CF card, which sped everything up... then I just deleted the games! :)

-Bob