View Full Version : Email Notification Help and Active Sync Outlook Help

bjchantry
04-24-2003, 01:16 PM
I am hoping someone can help with this one. I have my POP account set up on my Pocket PC Phone no problem. It send and receives email no problem. I have the "new email" setup in the notifications area set to make a sound, display a message, vibrate, flash and anything else I can do to catch my attention. While my GPRS connection is live I will get a new email, it displays on the screen, but no notification occurs. What gives?

Also, why when I delete emails in Outlook on my laptop that have been synced before, do they not get deleted in the Active Sync folder on my Pocket PC, shouldn't this be easier?

bjchantry
04-27-2003, 12:34 PM
I figured out the problem with the Active Sync emails, I had to increase the number of days in the options/setup area for inbox. Still wondering if anyone can help with the lack of notifications for new emails when I have the notifications set up. Thanks in advance for your help.

Janak Parekh
04-27-2003, 06:02 PM
I am hoping someone can help with this one. I have my POP account set up on my Pocket PC Phone no problem. It send and receives email no problem. I have the "new email" setup in the notifications area set to make a sound, display a message, vibrate, flash and anything else I can do to catch my attention. While my GPRS connection is live I will get a new email, it displays on the screen, but no notification occurs. What gives?
I don't know if this will be of any help, since I don't frequently do this -- but when one receives SMSes when the Inbox applet is running, no notification appears. I don't know if the same behavior would hold for POP, but on the other hand, would the Pocket PC even check for POP if Inbox is not running?

--janak