View Full Version : game emmulators

summit
04-24-2003, 01:03 AM
i'm looking for a bomb proof emmulator, i have a bunch of roms and am running pocketnes or pokenes, i'll get ten minutes into a game and the dang thing will freez, i'll have to do a soft reset and it's really getting on my nerves, what should i use as an emmulator? a second question would be if roms are universal, if i get another emmulator i can use the same roms that i am running on pocket nes on the new one right? please help, thanks

daninnj
04-24-2003, 01:23 AM
PocketNester (http://jetech.org/) is the best NES emulator out there. Full speed with sound. If the emulators runs NES roms, you should have no problem using the same roms for every NES emulator.

Sheynk
04-24-2003, 03:56 AM
any good SNES ones?

spursdude
04-24-2003, 04:30 AM
any good SNES ones?
Nope... they all run very slowly. If you want to play games that don't require faster play, you could get Pocket SNES Bleeding Edge or YAME. (sorry, I don't know the links to either, but Google or a forum search should do it.)

LorryDriver71
04-27-2003, 06:07 PM
Any good Xbox one's?? :D

But seriously, are there any PC emulators which could run old games and app's, i mean like 50Mhz 4Mb ram kinda things? And where would you get the roms from, could you make them??

LorryDriver71
04-27-2003, 06:08 PM
Oh, and gameboy advance, or is that to much to ask?

delfuhd
04-27-2003, 09:40 PM
Yes there are pc emulators, go to retrogames.com
there are also gb advanced emulators, but they're not too good...

xoiph
04-30-2003, 05:27 AM
a second question would be if roms are universal, if i get another emmulator i can use the same roms that i am running on pocket nes on the new one right?

All *.nes roms should work on any NES emulator, since all a rom image is is an exact software copy of a hardware game cartridge.

I've used PocketNes while they were still in beta and I have never had any problems. What handheld are you using summt?

xoiph
04-30-2003, 05:31 AM
Gnuboy CE is a pretty good GameBoy emulator. :roll:

zodo
05-25-2003, 10:25 AM
I can not find any Game boy advanced emulators for ppc help me please

thomas1973
05-25-2003, 11:19 AM
PocketNester (http://jetech.org/) is the best NES emulator out there. Full speed with sound. If the emulators runs NES roms, you should have no problem using the same roms for every NES emulator.
PocketNester looks cool. Does anyone have good links for downloading ROMs?

I've tried a google search, but all links are bad... So instead of wandering through endless pages of bad links, I was hoping someone would post here - please :D ! I'm aware that you need to own the original games to download ROMs.

Thomas.

PetiteFlower
05-25-2003, 08:28 PM
Can't post that here, sorry :(

thomas1973
05-25-2003, 10:12 PM
Can't post that here, sorry :(Hmm... I wasn't aware posting ROM's on websites was illigal. I just thought you had to make sure you owned the original game before you downloaded and used it. Have downloaded several C64 games lately...(oops, is that an offence? Even though I own the originals? - they're somewhere in my parents garage back home, next to the old, grey C64 and the tapeplayer :lol: ).

If it's not (very) illigal, please press my pm button, little flower. (huh, that came out sounding sort of dirty... Didn't mean it that way :) )

Thomas.

Steven Cedrone
05-25-2003, 10:33 PM
Although we all know that ROM's are out there for downloading, no one here will post links to them...

Good luck with Google!!!

Steven Cedrone
Community Moderator

thomas1973
05-25-2003, 11:29 PM
So I guess that's your way of saying that the ROM downloads are illigal, then :wink: :(

Sorry, didn't mean to break any laws. Really thought the ROMs were legally available. If I thought they were illigal, I wouldn't ask here. I'm all for the forum staying legit and clean, and not turning into some sort of warez-p0st-yer-crackz-here thingie.

So, again, I'm sorry. Won't happen again :oops:

Thomas.

Steven Cedrone
05-26-2003, 02:57 AM
So, again, I'm sorry. Won't happen again :oops:

Don't feel bad, it never hurts to ask... :wink:

Steve

Fzara
05-26-2003, 05:34 AM
Steven, how exactly did you duplicate your avatar onto your PPC Today screen?

Kind of off-topic, I know, sorry. 8)