View Full Version : Has the Pocket PC improved your life?

brntcrsp
04-23-2003, 09:18 PM
I finally found the next evolution in how I use my Pocket PC. I take copious notes for the projects I'm working on - jotting down ideas as they come to me, reminders of what to go back and fix later, diagraming out designs, etc.

I previously used scraps of paper laying around to scribble on. I finally decided to try Pocket Office Notes. Its terrible recognition software and my awful handwriting on the Pocket PC really held me back from using it frequently.

I liked Transcriber as an input method, and have become fairly adept at its use. So this last week has been an experiment in the marriage of the two applications.

So far my results have been fairly positive. By disabling the "Display today screen if unused for x hours," I have turned the Pocket PC into a digital notepad!

Now I realise this is a fairly mundane event, but I was wondering how others are discovering uses for their Pocket PC. Does anyone have any particular use they have found to eliminate the daily paper trail? Has your Pocket PC streamlined how you performed your daily tasks?

Jacob
04-23-2003, 10:20 PM
It has helped me be more organized, but I wouldn't say I'm more energetic.

After I bought the PPC I did find myself seeing more and more uses for it and that has been fun :D

disconnected
04-24-2003, 12:42 AM
I definitely think it's improved my life -- but not because of productivity. Aside from keeping track of addresses and reservations (which are not so numerous that I couldn't use paper almost as easily), and maps, I use my iPAQ primarily for entertainment-related purposes -- ebooks, music, games, tvguide, and video.