View Full Version : PPC devices in the US - direction?

possmann
04-23-2003, 08:22 PM
Call me a bit impatient here, but where is the new stuff for the PocketPC phone edition (talking hardware mainly) and when is it expected for the US? You guys in Europe and Asia ALWAYS get to play with the new stuff first! (OK, I’m ranting a bit…) :really mad:

I just read a post on BrightHand that mentioned that HP officially scraped their plans for a PocketPC phone edition and basically, to my knowledge, that only leaves a limited few – like HTC and Samsung in the PocketPC phone market – and then there is no selection between those because Samsung plays on the CDMA and HTC on the GSM/GPRS.

:soapbox:

All I want is a hardware device that lets me use the PocketPC Phone edition (GSM/GPRS), has integrated Bluetooth (for a headset) and a SDIO slot. Can anyone help out here?

TopDog
04-24-2003, 11:09 AM
You know what you want, you know it's possible to make and you know that people will buy it... but no one is making it... ain't that a b*** :devilboy:

Janak Parekh
04-24-2003, 02:13 PM
All I want is a hardware device that lets me use the PocketPC Phone edition (GSM/GPRS), has integrated Bluetooth (for a headset) and a SDIO slot. Can anyone help out here?
Nope, not yet -- and neither Palm nor Pocket PC can help. :cry:

Right now, if you need a BT-enabled Smartphone, your best bet is the SonyEricsson P800. I hope other manufacturers will wake up soon!

--janak

possmann
04-29-2003, 09:40 PM
This looks like an updated o2/XDA device - but only on the memory side. I like the newer body style though!

I certainly wish we could see this in the US VERY soon because frankly I'm getting sick a tired of lugging around my P280 and iPaq.

Any one have any additional news on the update to PPCPE? 2003 release? Any new devices taht we may expect to see this summer? Would love to hear rumors and speculations ;)

http://www.t-mobile.de/shop/hersteller/1,2349,2963-_2841--2,00.html