View Full Version : Mushy J-Pad. Fix?

wizardmaster2k
04-23-2003, 06:53 AM
Well, I have an older axim (Say a month or two) and it has the older processor. The J-Pad is mushy and unaccurate. Is there a fix from dell? Will they exchange it for a newer model with an upgraded Pad? Any insight will be appreciated.

spursdude
04-23-2003, 06:58 AM
You mean D-Pad? Anyways, if it's not very good, I suggest getting a new replacement model.

wizardmaster2k
04-23-2003, 07:17 AM
Heh, J-Pad. Opps. Thanks

PetiteFlower
04-23-2003, 06:04 PM
That's weird though, I thought they'd mostly corrected the D pad issues by I think the end of Feb? But totally call and get a replacement, the tech support people will make you go through all their steps but they are very nice and my replacement came in just a few days.

dmkozak
04-25-2003, 11:09 PM
Not based on what they've shipped me. My original Axim (rec'd 1/2/03) was great, no nav pad issues, no backup battery software glitches. Until it froze solid at the end of Jan. Dell replaced it with a "first shipment" Axim; nav pad doesn't register right clicks, backup battery charge flucuates tween 80%-100%. I suggested to Dell they could replace it when they had these problems solved and had caught up on their backorders. Within one week at the end of March, I received three replacements. All had properly recording backup battery software. But, all three had worse nav pads than my original replacement. All three were returned. Dell has promised to get me a properly working Axim, but I haven't heard from them for three weeks now.

I don't even know if they can supply a properly working Axim. After charging and setting up three Axims to find all of them "bad", my trust in Dell is very much reduced. While phone personnel are polite, no one seems to be able to get me a properly working Axim. No one, also, has responded to a letter sent to the corporate offices.

Now, I have to buy 4 computers this summer for kids, nieces, etc. I don't think I want to send them off to college with "Dell problems", so I don't imagine I'll be buying them Dell computers.

I guess I'll use my Axim, as is, until the iPaq 2200 has established itself.
Thank god for eBay to help "relocate" Axims.

PetiteFlower
04-26-2003, 01:04 AM
The first axim I got had a bad pad but the replacement works great. I think your situation is very unusual.

Anyway as for Dell desktop PCs, you really don't get any better then Dell when it comes to quality, support, service, and price. They are new in the handheld market, so some problems are to be expected, but don't let that scare you away from their desktops...they're still the best!

wizardmaster2k
05-20-2003, 03:22 AM
can somebody please give me the number to call.

PetiteFlower
05-20-2003, 04:49 AM
You can look it up on Dell's web site under Support.