View Full Version : 5455 No Power

emtparamedic
04-21-2003, 02:45 PM
My 5455 has been working great since I bought it in January. Now all of a sudden, it shuts down immediately upon removing it from the cradle. (It works fine in the cradle). Both batteries are fully charged, yet when I take it out of the cradle it won't turn on anymore!

I tried removing the slim battery in the back, soft booting and even hard booting. Those procedures cause it to flash on quickly but then it goes off immediately again...

Has this ever happened to you?

Many thanks.

John
800-376-1682 :(

socrguy74
04-21-2003, 03:13 PM
I just had this happen to me, but after I did the latest ROM update...

I'm befuddled.

CBR954RR
04-21-2003, 04:06 PM
This happened to me last night during the new ROM update.

I called HP and I have to send it in...

Rob

rooks308
04-21-2003, 07:40 PM
WTF!!! this just happened to me yesterday.... Now my unit will not work unless it is plugged into an AC outlet. It is totally useless ahhhh.. Anybody know how to get it replaced swiftly. I dont want to be without my handheld for days or even weeks. Please help!!!

rooks308
04-21-2003, 07:55 PM
OHH cool i got the answer.... ok i called tech support you do not need to send it in. For Starters... plug it in and power it up(for those that have it working on AC power) then go to the battery settings and tap standby.. move the slider all the way to the right and press ok... this should be a temporary fix. Then go back to the main page and then do a soft reset. it should now operate w/o AC power. Then download the new ipaq rom update from the web and that should fix the issue. Let me know if this works. Thank mike from tech support he was a great help. Mine works flawlessly again. Good Luck!!

CBR954RR
04-21-2003, 10:56 PM
I will give it a shot when I get home...

Thanks for the info.
:idea:

Rob

emtparamedic
04-22-2003, 02:54 AM
Thanks everyone for your kind responses. This is a wierd problem and the solution is even wierder...

Rookes you are spot on. Go to power and click on Standby, then move the slider BACK AND FORTH FOUR (4) TIMES. Then soft reset like you said and you are good to go.

Then (as you said) to prevent this from EVER happening again, download the battery problem application that was posted at HP's site recently.

BTW, ONLY DOWNLOAD THESE APPLICATIONS IF YOUR IPAQ IS SUFFERING FROM A PARTICULAR PROBLEM. From reading your posts it is clear that all of our 5455s are unique in their own way, like having personalities of their own. IOW, if your batteries work fine you don't need the batttery download application.

This is an awesome website. It's great knowing you all are out there and are and as wacked as I am wanting to own the latest tech product before the bugs are worked out!

John