View Full Version : iPAQ 3970 vs. e755??? Am I missing something?

AMR
04-18-2003, 09:38 PM
It seems that one gets more capability for less money with the e755.

iPAQ 3970 = $549 from HP site
iPAQ 5455 = $581 from Buydig
e755 = $567 from Amazon.

Looks like much more bang for the buck with the Toshiba (and possibly fewer ROM headaches as well vs. the 5455) given CF slot.

If I'm unaware of something, please let me know. I'm in the market and it seems HP is trying to get too much of a premium for a product that may not quite stand up?

Thanks for your input.

-AMR

WyattEarp
04-19-2003, 12:33 AM
HP's 545x does seem to have a few hiccups but they all do in some way or another. I still think the 545x would be better unless you really want the new processor. HP has more software, bluetooth and wifi built-in vs just wifi on the e750. It's a preference call really. Go by what you need not what is said to be the best. What's good for the goose isn't always good for the gander. :D And if you look around the net you will find good deals on any PPC you choose. Manufacturer's sites rarely give large discounts on this stuff though (unless your buying a hundered or so. :D ) Good luck picking one.

Shadowcat
04-19-2003, 01:57 AM
I think that the H3970 is a bit overpriced compared to the e755. However, I think that the H5450 is very well priced compared to the e755 since it has built-in bluetooth as well as WiFi. It also has 48MB ROM (yes, I know the e755 has 32MB of NAND Flash), the consumer IR and the fingerprint scanner. The headphone jack also doubles as a mic-in jack. Finally, it has a vibrating alarm (I don't recall any other PPC that has this feature) and also the hardware volume controls. That's a lot of extras compared to the e755 if you ask me.