View Full Version : Help me aka Idiot pliiiis??

iesugrist
04-18-2003, 05:37 PM
:?:

Having some probs with my Ipaq 3850 (methinks that is what it is!?)

1. Backlight rarely comes on.. been to settings.. nothing changes.. tapping nope... what is wrong?? Done sodt reset loads of times..

2. The damned thing never seems to go 'off'.. pretends it does! Screen goes black... if I disconnect from pc overnight + some hours then I lose my set-up and software downloads! Having to kepe my pc on and damned Ipaq connected always to it... am I missing something obvious here?

3. If I can get 1+2 sorted then how can I get my cd's to play on the Ipaq? Do I need some special software or simple copy paste do (then they cda files???)..? Got 256 mb c flash card waiting for some music but I haven't the foggiest what to do!??

Thanks in advance!!??

Janak Parekh
04-18-2003, 06:53 PM
1. Backlight rarely comes on.. been to settings.. nothing changes.. tapping nope... what is wrong?? Done sodt reset loads of times..
Very possibly, it's a hardware problem -- there was a part that would go bad in the 38xx units. First, try a hard reset (make sure you back everything up!), and if that doesn't work, call HP and see if they can walk you through a solution, which may involve a hardware repair.

The damned thing never seems to go 'off'.. pretends it does! Screen goes black... if I disconnect from pc overnight + some hours then I lose my set-up and software downloads! Having to kepe my pc on and damned Ipaq connected always to it... am I missing something obvious here?
Go into ActiveSync on the PPC, into its Options, into the Schedule tab, and uncheck everything. Additionally, make sure you don't keep programs like Windows Media Player running, as the Pocket PC turns on for a minute or two around midnight, and with programs like that it'll never shut off.

3. If I can get 1+2 sorted then how can I get my cd's to play on the Ipaq? Do I need some special software or simple copy paste do (then they cda files???)..? Got 256 mb c flash card waiting for some music but I haven't the foggiest what to do!??
You need to rip and encode your CDs into a compressed music format like WMA, MP3, or Ogg. You can do this using Windows Media Player, or many other programs, on the desktop.

--janak